Added some lights!

I creeped around on ifishinxs profile page the other day looking for his write up on installing lights in his forward compartments. Nice write up Bob! Made it super easy to install LEDs to my port and center boxes. Ran wires to starboard side for later down the road. IMG_7365.JPG
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

2. Member
    Nice, did mine last year. It is very easy with the ports side wiring harness. I removed the "step" inside the rod locker and ran the wires under it to get to the other compartments.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    Nice, did mine last year. It is very easy with the ports side wiring harness. I removed the "step" inside the rod locker and ran the wires under it to get to the other compartments.
    How'd you remove the rod steps?

That looks good Mark.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    I just added some to my front compartments too. Theyre marketed for truck beds on Amazon.

I added 4 strips. 2 in the rod locker and 1 in each side compartment. The strips are 4' long. I cut off about a foot. Bought some silicone caps for the ends. Filled it up with silicone and sealed them. The mounting tape is listed as VHB tape but I don't think it's legit. I was able to remove it off the strips without issue. We'll see how it holds after after summer and winter.

Installation is simple. They very top corners of each box is a tiny hole to pass your rod locker lights through. I tapped the port and left rod strip to the built in led connector for where the passenger console would be. I wish I had a matching connector for it. Instead I just cut off the OEM connector and used QD connectors.

The starboard and right rod strip. I ran the wires directly underneath the console onto the terminal block. I made a previous hole in the conduit underneath.

The wires coming off the strips are tiny. Maybe 24 or 26 AWG if I had to guess. The kits come as a pair. There's also an adapter/switch where it'll connect to both strips so you could power it on/off with a button. I cut that off and used the 2 to 1 assembly.

I'll probably go back and redo the connectors bc I don't like the kits connectors. It's great the are QD but I can see them failing.

Anyways the lights are pretty bright. I don't know how often I'll actually use them but nice to have.