Crestliner MX series

Is anyone running a MX 19 or 21? If so how does the boat ride and handle? What type of speed are you getting?

Thanks,

2. Member
    I still have a hard time when Skeeter quit building the MX series, it was one of the better multi species boat out there. I am one that ill never buy a new boat and only buy used and this is one of the boats I would like to find a decent deal on used especially the MX 2050. Now that they quit making them going to be hard to find one. There are a few of the MX 1850`s out there for sale but really wanted the bigger 2050 series.

3. Member
    The thread about the pt hull failure and what the guy on here is going through dealing with it would give me serious pause about buying a crestliner. The mx series looks promising but if the company can't be trusted to make problems right I'd be looking elsewhere. Sure there are plenty of satisfied owners but I want to spend my money where I can trust the manufacturer. Just something to be aware of. Hopefully crestliner steps up. Several reliable aluminum boats out there and Several companies building them that stand by their products.
    Derek McCarty

4. Member
    After my experience with Lowe, I wouldn't buy any Brunswick boat, which includes Crestliner and Lund. I would buy a Tracker if I wanted a lower priced boat. I'm immensely satisfied with my RT188. I would also recommend AVID and Xpress for high quality.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

5. Member
    Thanks for the info. I'm leaning toward the AVID 20 XB. I'm a little afraid of Crestliner after what I've been finding out.

I can't say for sure yet, but I won an MX19 with a 2004S at the Classic last June and is currently at the dealer getting rigged. I promised many an unbiased review (probably via YouTube) once I can get my hands on it. Also, Ken Smith may be doing a review of my MX19 as part of his "Great Tin Boat Search of 2022"...to be continued.

7. Member
    Great! I look forward to hearing more about it.