Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Garmin engineers have always indicated that over the entire specified voltage operating range the sonar quality will be the same. If voltage is outside of the specified range the sonar/unit will shut off rather than degrade the image.
    Garmin Pro Team

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Call us today if you're looking for a 16v Electronics Battery

Last edited by MonteSS; 08-12-2022 at 11:51 PM.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    I also heard Dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark and the Earth is flat.
    As I said, you guys make a good quality battery. Just stop trying to push the rumors with no fact behind them.
    MonteSS. Thanks for the comment. I was simply reposting in case someone on BBC was looking for a 16v battery. No Rumors, no smoke and mirrors.

You may recall back in March I clarified Impulse Lithiums position on the 16v battery. (Comment #18 on this thread) I have reposted it below so anyone can see our position on increased voltage to electronics, specifically 16v compared to a 12v lithium.

"When using our 16v battery there are some slight advantages. We have done extensive on the water testing and while there is not a "night and day" difference in clarity we have found that targets at a greater distance become more visible. Imaging does clear slightly but again not what some companies claim.

Note: Because our 12v-120ah starting battery holds a higher charge than an AGM/Lead Acid battery the imaging between it and our 16v-60ah are very similar. You will however see more improvement when changing from an AGM battery where voltage tends to get lower during the day."

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Impulse Lithiums are top of the line. Why spread the BS that higher voltage gives you a more clear image? Seems like shady ad technique to me.
    Some of the "solutions" for cleaning up imaging quality is pretty laughable in the electronics world of bass boats. You see it with the 16 volt claims of improved clarity, and a ton of the nonsense with the premade wiring harness kits. The improved image quality only makes sense if you had a bad connection between the graph and the power source, but more likely that it's interference on the actual sonar cable itself.

That said, I can see some advantages running a 16V unit, especially if you want a dedicated electronics battery. You will have less current draw vs the 12 volt units, so you could get away with smaller gauge wiring. Also, you are more within the center of the voltage specs that the manufactures recommend, so if you get a little voltage drop it won't be as big of an issue. I am considering adding a 16V battery system with its own dedicated breaker panel on my own boat, mostly just to clean up the factory wiring and to make the overcurrent protection easy and quick to reset.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12