Thread: Rigging

Rigging

Has anyone rigged there own boat? I was curious how easy/hard it would be bc the Vexus 2080 I’m looking at does not come with graphs.

2. Member
    I rigged mine. Installed a graph at bow and one at the console and ran a network cable between them. There is a bus bar at the bow and one under the console. Makes the power part of the rigging a non issue. There are several different conduits running to the console from the battery compartment and a conduit running from console area to the bow. Get yourself an 8.99 fiberglass wire running rod from harbor freight and its all pretty simple. Only troublesome part is the 90 degree corner the conduit makes to get under the console. I ended up stabbing a hole in mine with the wire running rod. All in all I would not let rigging deter you from purchasing.

3. Member
    I alway rig my boat so if something fails I know where to start looking to fix the problem and I know it’s done correctly.

4. Member
    What year 2080? Makes a little difference between years. I can say it will be easier to run cables between the console and batt. compartment if you remove the fasteners that hold the carpeted aluminum panel that the fiberglass control panel is attached to. No need to remove the carpeted panel, just remove the screws and pull it out some. You will then be able to see the service tubes that run to the stern. It will also make it a shorter pull versus trying to pull from under the console and it will make it easier to navigate the 90 degree turn to the console.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie442 View Post
    What year 2080? Makes a little difference between years. I can say it will be easier to run cables between the console and batt. compartment if you remove the fasteners that hold the carpeted aluminum panel that the fiberglass control panel is attached to. No need to remove the carpeted panel, just remove the screws and pull it out some. You will then be able to see the service tubes that run to the stern. It will also make it a shorter pull versus trying to pull from under the console and it will make it easier to navigate the 90 degree turn to the console.
    2021 model

6. Member
    The 2021 may have some of the 2022 improvements. Look at the engine harness conduit on the back of the boat. It may come straight up from the deck, or it may be at an angle towards the motor. If it is angled, it makes it a bit easier to run cables through if you are going to run transducer cables over the transom. Either way you will probably need to use a Dremel type tool to enlarge the hole of the conduit to run additional cables through if you go that route. You will definitely need to run a fish from the battery compartment to the console area. And it will be a bit tougher to pull cables through but due to the engine, control, and steering cables go through this conduit, but the fish or fiberglass rod "jordanfrombikes" mentions will be a big help. To assist with future cable pulls, tie a length of rope (clothesline cord) to each cable you pull, even the last one. And that will always leave a rope in place for whenever you want to pull another line through down the road.
    The bow of the boat is pretty easy as there are conduit tubes that run to the console. One will be under the console behind the kickplate. The other should run up behind the large panel I mentioned in my previous post. Behind the kick panel under the console is also where you will find the larger conduit that runs from the console to behind the large panel as well. You may not be able to see the ends of the console conduits behind the large panel but if you run a fish in the large conduit behind the kick plate you will see where it comes out behind the large panel. It just takes a little time, but it's not hard to run whatever you need to.