Lake Fork Guide recommendations

We will be going to Lake Fork mid-March and I am looking for guide recommendations. I appreciate any tips.

2. Member
    Here is a lot of good information: http://www.ets-systems.com/lakefork/...fishreport.htm
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

3. Member
    James Caldemeyer if you can get a date.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

4. Member
    Lance Vick

5. Member
    They are alot of good ones..Mike McFarland, James Caldemeyer and Zach Hughes would be my top 3 choices.

6. Member
    Used James Niggemeyer last spring.We had a GREAT trip caught a bunch and had a awesome time. James is a class act and a total gentleman. I would with out any doubt use him again as a Fork guide.

7. Member
    https://waterdatafortexas.org/reserv...ndividual/fork

I hope you guys realize Lake Fork is over 6’ low and is scheduled to draw down to 7’ low for dam repair! I highly doubt the lake will be at normal levels anytime soon.

Look at these YouTube videos, it is depressing.

Last edited by jpt7779; 01-11-2022 at 06:27 PM.
    JT

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    https://waterdatafortexas.org/reserv...ndividual/fork

I hope you guys realize Lake Fork is over 6’ low and is scheduled to draw down to 7’ low for dam repair! I highly doubt the lake will be at normal levels anytime soon.

Look at these YouTube videos, it is depressing.

It is greatly depressing to see this. Hope they finish the repairs and the spring rains come to fill it up. Some say it can fill up quickly, but I don't see how. It's so flat there that there isn't a great deal of water shed, and the only water that goes into it is what falls directly into it from above or what runs into it from the small tributary creeks. Would not surprise me at all if it takes a year or two to recover.

It is depressing to see it this low. Some say it can recover quickly but I don't see how. It's so flat there that there seems to be very little water shed and the only water that gets into it is what either falls directly into it from above or what runs in to it from the small tributary creeks. It would not surprise me if it takes a year or two to recover...................

9. Member
    Bmbercraw I agree, but a positive will be the vegetation growth will help once it does get back to full pool.
    JT

Ray Vereen is running a special till the end of the month, Pay now with your dates or pick dates later. Save $150 on a full day trip.

Back by popular demand...the Pay it forward special and will last until 1-31-2022.

Guided Bass (black, white, or yellow) or crappie fishing trips for 1 or 2 persons for the discounted rate of $300 for a full day (8 to 9 hours), or $150 for half day trips.

How it works:
    Purchase the trip or trips at the discounted rate and you can schedule the trip at the time of purchase, or schedule them at a future date. However, it is always best to schedule as soon as possible to get the day or days that best fit your schedule.

The prices listed above are for 1 or 2 persons and a 3rd is $50 or $100 extra respectively.

What to bring for the trip:
    There is plenty of room for your own equipment, but equipment and tackle can be provided upon request.
    Drinks
    Snacks
    Sunglasses / sunscreen
    Appropriate clothing for the weather.

I also want to thank everyone that has asked about and took advantage of this special.

Let's get on the water and stick some lips!

Call 972-849-2685 today and let's get fishing!!!

Lake Fork's Fish On Guide Service
    See Facebook for pics and such
    Let's Go! 972-849-2685

11. Member
    I tried a couple a few years ago. Please listen. You pay for what you get I won’t mention any names but also do your research!! Not the expensive guidesa are the best. I’ve used them for fun and prefishing for a tournament but for tournament it’s all about community holes unless you find a good/decent guide. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by POPSLAVAZ View Post
    Used James Niggemeyer last spring.We had a GREAT trip caught a bunch and had a awesome time. James is a class act and a total gentleman. I would with out any doubt use him again as a Fork guide.
    Time to go out and place some rock piles