Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Omicron in Nigeria. My experience

No. I didn’t get the new variant. But it’s spreading very fast in Nigeria.
    This is the info I got from our doctor who handles all testing and medical issues for my company and many others.

It seems to be spreading very fast. Faster then the Delta.
    All who tested positive were vaccinated.
    Those who tested positive weren’t aware they had it. (Most of his testing is done for those traveling) You must be vaccinated to travel to the US if your not a citizen.
    I was told by him symptoms are very mild.
    Patients are testing negative within 7 days.

My manager tested positive. His symptoms were sinus congestion. He thought it was due to the Harmattan which is the dust season from the Sahara. I gave him Sudafed before departing. In a week he tested negative and flew out. He was also vaccinated.
    Just wanted to share my knowledge of the new variant from Africa.

I do see hospitalizations picking up in the states. I fully believe the Delta variant is the cause of this and not the Omicron. This is just my opinion.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Member
    Interesting that all that tested positive were vaccinated. I wonder what the vaccination rate is there?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ott View Post
    Interesting that all that tested positive were vaccinated. I wonder what the vaccination rate is there?
    Very low. 1.5 percent. It’s those that are traveling that are vaccinated. The few nationals with money.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    1.5% vaccinated yet 100% getting the virus are vaccinated. That speaks volumes about the “effectiveness” of the vaccine.

5. Member
    1.5% vaccinated yet 100% getting the virus are vaccinated. That speaks volumes about the “effectiveness” of the false narrative.
    FIFY

Scamdemic!
    Boatless

7. Member

8. Member
    As for those being tested and all vaccinated, it’s for company requirements and travel per the Nigerian CDC.
    The majority of the country couldn’t afford to pay for a Covid test, unless sick and tested.
    On a different subject it seems the Nigerian nationals have some of the strongest immune systems I have ever seen.

No social distancing. No masks. Ride in vans and buses crammed until the are holding on to the door.
    Yet Covid (Delta variant) is not spreading. This has always interested all of us Expats. There should be millions with it and dying. Yet, nothing.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    Whoops I just had serve sinus pains this week, I usually get them in the winter time and spring time.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Scamdemic!
    Had a life long friend die Sunday from what you call a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Had a life long friend die Sunday from what you call a scam.
    Sorry to hear about your friend. But doesn't change how I feel about it.
    Boatless

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    oh boy!!! another thread for those that can't read and understand to go whack a mole over,,,,

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    As for those being tested and all vaccinated, it’s for company requirements and travel per the Nigerian CDC.
    The majority of the country couldn’t afford to pay for a Covid test, unless sick and tested.
    On a different subject it seems the Nigerian nationals have some of the strongest immune systems I have ever seen.

No social distancing. No masks. Ride in vans and buses crammed until the are holding on to the door.
    Yet Covid (Delta variant) is not spreading. This has always interested all of us Expats. There should be millions with it and dying. Yet, nothing.

Don
    My dad lives among the amish. They treat it like any virus. If they get sick, they stay home until feeling better, just like with any virus. Life goes on.

14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    My dad lives among the amish. They treat it like any virus. If they get sick, they stay home until feeling better, just like with any virus. Life goes on.
    or not............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

For the most part IMO the omicron variant is a blessing in disguise. As long as hospitalizations and deaths are more minimized, it could be natures way of immunizing the herd, and keeping other more serious variants at bay.

I do see hospitalizations picking up in the states. I fully believe the Delta variant is the cause of this and not the Omicron. This is just my opinion.

Don
    CDC actually agrees with your opinion now after initially coming out with "misinformation"

https://www.theblaze.com/news/cdc-om...e%20Daily%20AM
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

17. Bob G's pool boy
    JBLBTL

I sat there on the coast of Marseilles
    My thoughts came by like wind through my hand
    How good it'd be to feel you again
    How good it'd be to feel that way again

Would you be remembering me?
    I ask that question time and again
    The answer came and haunted me so
    I would not want to think it again
    No I would not want to think it again

You make it so hard to forget
    I haven't stopped lovin' you yet

(instrumental)

You make it so hard to forget
    I haven't stopped lovin' you yet

When I left the coast of Marseilles
    I hadn't done what I'd come to do
    Spent all the money I'd saved
    Still did not get over you
    No I still did not get over you
    Last edited by billspence; 12-29-2021 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Bob G’s MySpace username is “Smash and Grab”

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    For the most part IMO the omicron variant is a blessing in disguise. As long as hospitalizations and deaths are more minimized, it could be natures way of immunizing the herd, and keeping other more serious variants at bay.
    100% agree. Odd how herd immunity was highly touted in the beginning, but now only vaccinated herd immunity counts.

19. Banned
    What? Come to the USA, it's Free! The Test, The Vax, it's all free. At least that's what they keep saying.........

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    or not............
    Your point?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast