Question Minn kota Ultrex

Looking for help! My ultrex has started oscillating at low speeds only. Motor swings back and forth constantly, only a few inches back and forth. Called Minn Kota they say there is nothing there that could cause these symptoms. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

I had very same issue and very same response from Minn Kota. I ended up bringing the boat to our local authorized Minn Kota service center and they replaced the entire head unit under warranty..no charge. The service center did tell me that they had never seen this issue before.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info!~

4. Member
    I wonder if it might be loose cables?

5. Member
    Check and make sure you don't have the Autopilot (I think that's what MK calls it) engaged. Even if you have no power going to the prop, the head will still hunt if engaged. Check your remote.

I'm always stepping on the Autopilot button.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I wonder if it might be loose cables?
    Thanks, checked all the cables and steering adjustments.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Check and make sure you don't have the Autopilot (I think that's what MK calls it) engaged. Even if you have no power going to the prop, the head will still hunt if engaged. Check your remote.

I'm always stepping on the Autopilot button.
    It happens when I run it in auto pilot at slow speeds. Above 1.5 mph nit's fine Thanks

There was a YouTube video on how to fix that. Don’t have a link but it is titled Minn Kota I-Pilot Link trolling motor fix. I think this is what you’re referring to.
    Last edited by Capw; 12-29-2021 at 06:36 AM.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

9. Member
    If I am understanding you correctly, you need to adjust your "boat scale" in the remote. It comes set on 0 and you most likely need -1 or -2

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I had very same issue and very same response from Minn Kota. I ended up bringing the boat to our local authorized Minn Kota service center and they replaced the entire head unit under warranty..no charge. The service center did tell me that they had never seen this issue before.
    A BIG THANK YOU~! Changed the entire head, solved the problem!!!!

11. Member
    How old is the ultrex ?