Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    More common than you might think, there have been similar reports where I live in Virginia.
    Yep. They are really bad at Dutch Gap. I quit going there because of the buzzards. The Hopewell marina or Osbourne is much safer. At least they put signs out to warn people in Virginia.

I never had this problem in Texas. I did notice a flock starting to gather at Calliham on Choke Canyon a few weeks ago. Hopefully TPWD will do something about it before it becomes a problem.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post
    Yep. They are really bad at Dutch Gap. I quit going there because of the buzzards. The Hopewell marina or Osbourne is much safer. At least they put signs out to warn people in Virginia.

I never had this problem in Texas. I did notice a flock starting to gather at Calliham on Choke Canyon a few weeks ago. Hopefully TPWD will do something about it before it becomes a problem.
    The dumb part is they are a protected bird! They probably won't do a thing unfortunately.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

been going on for decades, and well known. But what do u do to protect your truck?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    been going on for decades, and well known. But what do u do to protect your truck?
    move someplace where it's not so well known.

5. Member
    Like posted above, Dutch Gap on James River in VA was bad. Either avoid the ramp or use a tarp to cover truck. Silver side out. I knew a couple guys that had beater trucks to use at that ramp.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoBendChamp View Post
    Been going on there for years. It's always worse at Park Prairie. The old lady at Oak Thicket keeps them away pretty good. Lots of guys cover their truck with a boat cover when leaving.

They are buzzards that hang around because all the "migrants" clean Tilapia they catch at the boat ramp. If they did away with that, no more buzzards.
    Bingo!!!! Been happening for years

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Saw a truck at Belton Lakeview Park last weekend that had white plastic trash bags rolled up in every window, including the rear slider. Bags would flutter and make noise when the wind blew. I am thinking he did it to discourage buzzards. Seems like a good idea.
    Seems like a genius plan!

8. Member
    they aint protected if they r destroying ur property

9. Member
    Thankfully I never had a issue back when I fished it! I do know a good solution
    A few trips with a airgun would thin them out
    525D4652-8556-4C1E-AF83-AC6EE12452F7.jpeg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12