12/27 fishing report Viking/binder

I got on Viking 11am no ice. Wt temp 38* tried jig,jerkbait, blade bait. It was rough no bites tried rocks, brush, drop offs…. Grafted a lot but just couldn’t make it happen. Left 3pm and headed to binder. Saw lots more fish on the graf and got a few bass on the jerkbait!! Wish I would have spent my hole day there. Nothing big but this time of year anything is good. Looking at the weather forecast this might have been my last time on open water in Iowa till spring.
    B6517DDF-1450-475F-8048-E01EF2FD3C67.jpeg

2. Banned
    I went the opposite direction and went up to Clear Lake and got out on the ice. 5" of ice up there yesterday. Didn't light the world on fire but did manage to catch about 10 perch and 3 yellow bass with 5 perch and 2 yellows coming home. I am excited that the weather is finally turning and I'll have safe ice in Central Iowa instead of having to drive up north

3. Member
    Yeah this cold coming should lock thing up good. Are yellow bass good eating?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Yeah this cold coming should lock thing up good. Are yellow bass good eating?
    They were very tasty!!!