Lac des Allemonds

Went this morning for the first time since the hurricane. Still have a few trees in the water, but I could move around if I was careful. Only 2 small bass on a buzz bait. We usually catch pretty good this time of year. Water color and temperature is good. Wondering if they had a big fish kill from the hurricane. I heard that there was one a little south of here.

2. Member
    Haven’t been there since the hurricane. I was told there was a fish kill. We cancelled our club tournaments from over there.

3. Member
    I went to Lake Des Allemands yesterday and caught a few catfish. The water on the south side of the lake looked good, but nothing. Temp was 63. Caught the catfish on the north end.

4. Member
    I’ve a seen a few boats at Somme’s when passing-wondered if anything was biting. It’s been slow for me. Hit Turtle Bayou Pipeline and canals behind the Shell plant Sunday and only managed 1 dink. Water was low and heavy stained to muddy just about everywhere. I didn’t try the Copasaw area. Anyone else with reports? Not looking for specific spots, just an idea of pattern.

5. Member
    Man I miss that area have not gone since hurricane. before Ida was doing very good in tank battery canal. Let me know whats up.

6. Member
    Plan on making a couple of more trips soon. When it gets a little warmer

7. Member
    From Lake Cataouatche to Lake Des Allemands there was a large fish kill from IDA. Ever canal had dead fish from bank to bank. It was sad to see some of the sizes of those fish. It will take some time before we get this area back to what it was prior to the hurricane.