Ranger Trail Question

I'm going to Venice, LA next year for inshore Redfish and Specs. I have a standard coated Ranger Trail trailer and was wondering if anyone has installed a zinc anode on their trailer? I'll bring my pressure washer, also.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

All I can say, it seems that salt water will find the least little bare spot. May not see it for a few years later. Too bad there is not a fresh water lake you could dunk it into, soon after your trip.
    I will say that I would put a small amount of Anti-seize on parts that may rust and give me problems when I have to remove them. Although it is NOT recommended, not would I suggest you do it, but to each their own! I am just a LUG head.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

3. Member
    Inshore sounds to me like it might be brackish water not full salt water. Here in NW FL, at least once a month we fish a tournament out of the intercoastal waterway (brackish). My first Ranger trailer lasted around 12 years before I replaced it (yes, rust). But that was putting it in once or twice a month. So, doing it one time and rinsing it very good should be no problem at all IMO. Have fun!

Have a good one and thank God for it!

I fish in Florida a fair amount. There is a product called Salt Away that people there like. It pretreats the trailer before you launch and when you go park the trailer after launching and again after loading. It is a concentrate and can be mixed in a pump sprayer. They say this stuff works. I would also find a freshwater pond or lake somewhere and dunk it for a bit after I finished. Personally, when it was dunked in freshwater, I would start my motor for a minute or so. I really don't like salt on this stuff.

I edited this to say the Salt Away is cheap and would not take but a minute or so with a hand pump sprayer .... it is a pretreatment as well as a neutralizer after exposure.

Have fun down there. I don't know if they have Snook in the area you are fishing, but if they do, try to catch one. They are a blast to catch.
    Last edited by Panama; 12-28-2021 at 09:45 AM.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

5. Member
    We will fish within sight of the Gulf, about a mile. In late September, the Mississippi River is low so it's no longer brackish. I'll get some Salt Away. No Snook in LA.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver