Four blade prop on 210

I have a Charger 210, but knowing there are far more Champ 210's sporting 2 strokes, wondering if anyone uses a four blade and what kind of results they are getting.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I have a Charger 210, but knowing there are far more Champ 210's sporting 2 strokes, wondering if anyone uses a four blade and what kind of results they are getting.
    I run a 25P Bravo on a 206. Great handling and hole shot but you will lose top end. Simple as that.
    1B737378 / 2009 - 250 PRO XS

3. Member
    Merry Xmas.... "Hands Down" .... as they say.... if you are not a speed demon and don't care about running some crazy 70+mph speeds, you will LOVE your boat running a 4 blade. The hole shot bite is much better and you get up quicker... you will handle light chop much more in control and when you want to slow down or speed up in rough water the responsiveness of your prop to the speed changes ( stop, go ) are incredibly better.

I run my 4 blade now always and only take it off if i'm in a tournament where i might need to run on smooth water to a special location say 30 miles from launch and do need the speed.

Happy New Year!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    Merry Xmas.... "Hands Down" .... as they say.... if you are not a speed demon and don't care about running some crazy 70+mph speeds, you will LOVE your boat running a 4 blade. The hole shot bite is much better and you get up quicker... you will handle light chop much more in control and when you want to slow down or speed up in rough water the responsiveness of your prop to the speed changes ( stop, go ) are incredibly better.

I run my 4 blade now always and only take it off if i'm in a tournament where i might need to run on smooth water to a special location say 30 miles from launch and do need the speed.

Happy New Year!
    What blade are you running?

Enquiring Champion 210 owners want to know. What 4 blade would be best?

6. Member
    we are running a Trophy 25 on my sons Champ, he is very happy, great hole shot and handling, lost a little top end from Tempest 25. He wont go back, so we sold the Tempest.
    Mike Stephens
    Ranger Z521L (2018) Icon Edition
    Mercury Pro XS 250 with fat shaft, S/N2B528327
    Lowrance Carbon 16 and 12, Lowrance Active Target
    36V Minn Kota Ultrex
    Worked Tempest Plus 21 and 23 props

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephens View Post
    we are running a Trophy 25 on my sons Champ, he is very happy, great hole shot and handling, lost a little top end from Tempest 25. He wont go back, so we sold the Tempest.
    Yes I like the trophy as well. I have one for back up. It is a super hole shot for sure. I haven't tried the fury four blade but so far I think my 25P Bravo 1 is the best. On cold days with one guy in the boat, I could probably handle a 26p. I sometimes hit the limiter (6200 RPM) with the 25P depending on the conditions. Again with the live well dry and just me in the boat 25p is probably best with the bravo - just watch your rpm in the winter time. I even have a 24p bravo for those 100 degree days on the lakes. Remember mine is a 206, a cousin of the 210.
    Last edited by tomloans; 01-01-2022 at 11:40 AM.

8. Member
    What blade are you running?
    I have a 203 and i have a Bass Renegade prop. 13 1/2 x 25" pitch

I run a 25p Tempest and looked into a 4 blade for the great lakes
    The rule of thumb was 1 pitch less with the 4 blade. So I was looking at a 24p Trophy

Mike Long is the prop moderator here on BBC. Plus I know Mike
    This was his thoughts

"It depends on how close your motor runs to the rev limiter with the 25P tempest plus. If you have rpms left on the table you would drop in pitch or keep the same pitch. The Bravo1 XS in a 25P is actually a 24P prop with more cup in the tips that lift the bow better...

Mark Croxtons Razor4 XL runs very similar to the Bravo1 XS. Has better warranty, offered in single pitch increments, cheaper, free pitch exchange to make sure you have the right one for your boat, BBC sponsor, will tweak it for your particular boat for free if need be, .............. Hmmmm?

If you do buy a Bravo1 XS, Don't get the old model with single 1 inch holes as they are not adjustable and you may over vent on small pitchs and a heavy boat/load.

Mike"
    Last edited by ManxFishing; 01-03-2022 at 06:31 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxFishing View Post
    I run a 25p Tempest and looked into a 4 blade for the great lakes
    The rule of thumb was 1 pitch less with the 4 blade. So I was looking at a 24p Trophy

Mike Long is the prop moderator here on BBC. Plus I know Mike
    This was his thoughts

"It depends on how close your motor runs to the rev limiter with the 25P tempest plus. If you have rpms left on the table you would drop in pitch or keep the same pitch. The Bravo1 XS in a 25P is actually a 24P prop with more cup in the tips that lift the bow better...

Mark Croxtons Razor4 XL runs very similar to the Bravo1 XS. Has better warranty, offered in single pitch increments, cheaper, free pitch exchange to make sure you have the right one for your boat, BBC sponsor, will tweak it for your particular boat for free if need be, .............. Hmmmm?

If you do buy a Bravo1 XS, Don't get the old model with single 1 inch holes as they are not adjustable and you may over vent on small pitchs and a heavy boat/load.

Mike"
    Lots of good info. I had a Bravo 1xs and sold it without even trying it on the 210. I remember what it did for the ride of my 203, and to be honest, I didn't care for it. Not only did it lift the bow, but lifted the stern as well. It changed the whole attitude of the boat. I'm running a 25P Tempest plus on the 210, and picked up a 25P Fury 3 for a spare. When I search most of what I hear is about running a three blade on that hull but very little about a four blade. When I talked with them at Ulrich marine, they said a three blade was definitely the way to go with the 210. I ran a Trophy Plus 4 on my 203 and loved the bite running in very rough water.

11. Member
    Lots of good info. I had a Bravo 1xs and sold it without even trying it on the 210. I remember what it did for the ride of my 203, and to be honest, I didn't care for it. Not only did it lift the bow, but lifted the stern as well. It changed the whole attitude of the boat. I'm running a 25P Tempest plus on the 210, and picked up a 25P Fury 3 for a spare. When I search most of what I hear is about running a three blade on that hull but very little about a four blade. When I talked with them at Ulrich marine, they said a three blade was definitely the way to go with the 210. I ran a Trophy Plus 4 on my 203 and loved the bite running in very rough water.
    203 Dry weight is... 1550 pounds
    Charger 210 Dry weight is.... 1950 Pounds

You are carrying 1.5 more people in the boat roughly. 400LBS more than the 203 That is a lot of extra weight. You might need the Bravo. But hard to say. you have to try them.