Question Batteries come with boat?

Just ordered a 2022 zx200 . Was told it “didbt come with batteries” I thought that was very weird.
    at the very least I would expect something like that to be included as part of the rigging. Last boat I bought was over 20 years ago and I know things might be different now.
    Anyone have advice?

My dealer includes batteries and upgrade to Ultrex but still.honors NAP.

3. Member
    I did upgrade to the ultrex
    I’m going to have to ask them when they return from holiday closure.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    If you decide to go lithium give us a call, we have a 36v system that is as affordable as good agm's.

Call or DM me with any questions

Bill
    205-965-8436

5. Member
    You’re paying for it either way. Leaving them out allows you to pick your own (there is a difference among what’s available).

6. Member
    the boats are shipped without batteries that is part of the final rigging an make ready to deliver.

7. Member
    CT, It's a blessing in one way. My 2019 came with the old green top group 27 wet cell batteries.
    The lack of power for the birds and accessories caused problems. So, it is my recommendation that
    you chose a strong group 31 AGM battery. Now here is the important part, Yamaha SHO Warranty will not
    cover a lithium battery for starting. (Maybe one of these days) Now choosing lithium for your trolling motor
    batteries is great if you can afford them. The problem lithium's present is the charging system. I would talk
    to one of the board sponsors for their requirements and what can be done with the charger in your new boat.
    It depends on your use for your boat, if your fishing tourny's that can rule your decisions. If your just fishing
    for relaxation and fun, you won't have to reach that high. Just make sure that you address your concerns to your
    dealer. Running graphs and accessories eats alot of power, just consider your type of fishing.
    The fortunate thing is you will have a few months to get this worked out before your boat shows up.
    Good Luck!

8. Member
    Thank you for the reply that’s very good info . Just relaxing fishing for me now so sounds like regular batteries will suit me. So I’m I to understand that it’s included in what I already paid for rigging or will I pay additional fee for the batteries?

9. Member
    No you'll have to pay. No free batteries

10. Member
    Awwww man that’s the world we live in now I guess

Mine were installed with Interstate Batteries, not really sure if they were included in MAP pricing. I've got a 31AGM Interstate Cranking, and Interstate 31 Flooded trolling motor batteries.

This winter I'll update my cranking battery to the Batteries Plus X2. I plan on getting lithiums for the trolling batteries, but figured I'd run the flooded ones for a few years until it's time to replace them.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Member
    The last three boats I bought from the same dealer the batteries were included as part of the dealer prep, I just paid a little extra for a larger starting battery. Note, I have the interstate 27 trolling motor batteries and they run all day without any issue. I already have 80 hours on my motor in less than a year so I do fish a lot. I hope to get another year on them and then I'll replace them with the Walmart 29's. As others have said it's a good idea to get a 31series battery for the starting battery. Hopefully you will also get the Skeeter rebate that was just announced along with the Yamaha promotion that will come out soon.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

13. Member
    Both my new Skeeters came with them included in the price. Of course on my 2021 ZX225 it had a totally inadequate group 27 starter that did not meet 2 of the 3 requirements outlined by Yamaha. Called them out on that and their response was that is what they install and there have been no complaints, sold all of them and bought new batteries myself.

My dealers sends out their boats with an AGM starting battery as well.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    My dealers sends out their boats with an AGM starting battery as well.
    Yes sir, they do...top notch guys

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mknj671 View Post
    Both my new Skeeters came with them included in the price. Of course on my 2021 ZX225 it had a totally inadequate group 27 starter that did not meet 2 of the 3 requirements outlined by Yamaha. Called them out on that and their response was that is what they install and there have been no complaints, sold all of them and bought new batteries myself.
    Thank you for the reply that makes me feel better

17. Member
    Proof Positive AGAIN, Dealers MATTER!

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    Proof Positive AGAIN, Dealers MATTER!

Yes they do.