Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Motorized independent sonar mounts.

Looking at mounts for Mega Live to fit an Ultrex.
    Have found Rite hite---Live sweep and All scan. Anymore out there ?
    Comments from current users of any brand welcome.

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1157265
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Thanks. have you made your decision yet?

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Thanks. have you made your decision yet?
    It wasn't my post but I haven't seen any report of a decision.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Good Morning I would be happy share some information about the All scan Systems with you. Sorry in advance for the long post. Lol. Here is a picture of the new foot switch of the All Scan plus. It includes our ASC absolute speed control and our TST giving you the ability to set the speed and range of sweep in automatic mode. Our full aluminum construction with upper and lower bearing housings is super solid with no need for extra stabilizers during traveling on or off the water. Or 24/36 volt drive is super efficient and with the All Scan Hybrid there a recharge feature that makes the system as close to a net zero as possible.
    One of the design reasons for a foot switch is to be able to keep your foot flat on the floor and simply slide from left to right. This is a handy feature when fishing in rough water. Your foot stays on the floor and doesn’t tend to bump the pedal when trying to balance. The foot switch is hard wired to the mount and power source for rough water use as well. If you don’t want to bolt the switch down you don’t have to. It’s heavy enough to stay out but yet move able for different fishing positions.
    The motor drive is industrial gearless and brushless system with a life expectancy of 20,000 hours. Plus lots more features.
    D2796DB4-BF77-48F6-936A-C3EE873B6CD6.jpeg

6. Member
    Fireman, Sirius went with Rite-Hite. I believe he got it installed before Christmas.
    Give him a few days and he'll give us a report. He was also fighting the weight of
    the battleship mounts and talking about changing out springs on his ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    Fireman, Sirius went with Rite-Hite. I believe he got it installed before Christmas.
    Give him a few days and he'll give us a report. He was also fighting the weight of
    the battleship mounts and talking about changing out springs on his ultrex.
    I have the Rite-Hite Turret installed, but am in the middle of replacing my Ultrex back pivot bushings and waiting on the TS&S Lift Assist Booster. The LAB is scheduled to be here this coming Tuesday. The Ultrex bushing torx screws are red Lock-Tite’d in and causing me issues.

Like Shaky Head 1, I lowered my Mega 360 to afford maximum space between the 360 transducer and the Mega Live transducer. Pic below is where I’m at right now and heading to Home Depot for bigger, badder T30 Torx tools, penetrating oil and maybe a blow torch (I have a heat gun, but no luck so far). The pivot bushing screws (4) and the gas spring screws (P3) (2) are Lock-Tited more than my wife’s bank account.

The Turret motor is very quite and smooth. I went with the slower gears. You have the option of either 3 or 5 RPM. I have not personally seen the other available options. I plan to water test everything by this coming weekend. Depending on how much stuff I break changing out the pivot bushings.

39779312-04-B3-408-E-BDBF-443721253132.jpg
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    Good
    One of the design reasons for a foot switch is to be able to keep your foot flat on the floor and simply slide from left to right. This is a handy feature when fishing in rough water. Your foot stays on the floor and doesn’t tend to bump the pedal when trying to balance. The foot switch is hard wired to the mount and power source for rough water use as well. If you don’t want to bolt the switch down you don’t have to. It’s heavy enough to stay out but yet move able for different fishing positions.
    The motor drive is industrial gearless and brushless system with a life expectancy of 20,000 hours. Plus lots more features.
    D2796DB4-BF77-48F6-936A-C3EE873B6CD6.jpeg
    Seems It's always windy and rough in my part of Texas.
    How tall is the foot control ? Reason for asking I fish by myself a lot so keeping the right side clear is imperative. Plan to have control box on left side, so must fit under Ultrex when stowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    IPic below is where I’m at right now and heading to Home Depot for bigger, badder T30 Torx tools, penetrating oil and maybe a blow torch (I have a heat gun, but no luck so far). The pivot bushing screws (4) and the gas spring screws (P3) (2) are Lock-Tited more than my wife’s bank account.

Depending on how much stuff I break changing out the pivot bushings.

39779312-04-B3-408-E-BDBF-443721253132.jpg
    Good one !
    Wish you were closer.. I've got a hammer driver that will make short work of those screws.

The foot control is 2 1/4” tall and should easily fit under the Ultrex when stowed. While the system may look heavy the mount weighs in at under 7lbs. In my mind The added strength and durability of the industrial components is important.

Thanks David.. I'm going to take the M360 off.. So, I figure the weight tradeoff is about the same.
    This is a lot to absorb at once and I don't want to get the wrong one for my setup.

Your welcome. Happy to help anytime!!

13. Member
    I’ve built one of these and it works great. A lot less money!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/attachment....1&d=1640122785
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

14. Member
    Just to add to my above post. You can find more on this under “Clever Tips” on this forum. It’s originator is Bill Reynolds. I’ve got mine on a Ghost. I also used aluminum tubing instead of pvc. The aluminum tubing maybe looks better? But probably not any better otherwise. I got the tubing from McMaster Carr. I’ve got part number if anyone would like them.442A8AA1-E293-4561-9256-551FF4D336C5.jpeg
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

Good job with that Mark.. Thanks for sharing.

Trying to go over all of these with a fine-toothed comb.
    Wish I could take parts from all of them and combine into one.
    Afraid the Rite Hite is not for me as the Ultrex mount is in front when deployed which puts it straight up when stowed. That makes it the (wrong hite) for my rig as the Ultrex already gets in my line of sight when running.
    Wish they made a side mount as I do like everything else. and the price is good compared to some.

Trying to go over all of these with a fine-toothed comb.
    Wish I could take parts from all of them and combine into one.
    Afraid the Rite Hite is not for me as the Ultrex mount is in front when deployed which puts it straight up when stowed. That makes it the (wrong hite) for my rig as the Ultrex already gets in my line of sight when running.
    Wish they made a side mount as I do like everything else. and the price is good compared to some.
    They do make a side mount. Check their website and YouTube.

They do make a side mount. Check their website and YouTube.
    I have !! Can you post a link?

I have !! Can you post a link?
    There are a couple videos on side mount installation on YouTube. Here is the Turret website for the side mount:

http://www.rmind.com/products/produc...id_product=115

Last edited by Sirius Rich; 12-27-2021 at 08:15 AM.

There are a couple videos on side mount installation on YouTube. Here is the Turret website for the side mount:

http://www.rmind.com/products/produc...id_product=115
    That is the side of the boat, not the side of the trolling motor that fishnfireman wants.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast