Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Was in a hurry when I mounted the Mega Live so I ran the cables as you did.. The "shock wave" is bad on mine.
    Will route them down the mount when I get the Live Scanner.

2. Member
    FNF, so you did the same as I did and have some interference?
    My rig is TM transducer with SI, DI, 2D then the live.
    If work things were not so pressing, I'd go test it soon.
    I was more worried with the abundance of left-over cable in the nose.
    Skeeter wired the 36V for Ultrex right down mid-ship and terminated there.
    (Good thing I was installing Live and found the beginning of corrosion- fixed)
    I paid close attention to how the wiring sat in my bow.

From a installation view, is it the cable in the bow and assorted power wiring?
    Or is it cable absorption on the shaft that is causing the shock wave interference?

I will say this, I have not had ANY interference problems with my layout so far.
    Solix 10 Bow & 12 Console.

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    It looks good Sirius! I liked the smooth action of the lift assist.
    You said you were having shock waves, was that the arch signals across the live screen?
    If so, you think the install of the wiring from the TM head back to the boat panel was to blame?
    I've got mine installed and ran it similar, bummer is I can't test mine for a couple of weeks.
    Great to see you have it all working! I hope you get a couple of nice days to go through the fine tuning.
    The waves were present on my initial installation down the Ultrex arm. More so on the H15 than the H12. I was able to tune the first waves out where they very rarely displayed. I have the same settings on the most recent installation and the only thing different is all cabling running with the Minn Kota sheathed cables. Coincidence? Really don’t know for sure. Strangely, I got used to the waves after a while and concentrating on fish targets.

An example of how the ML and Turret helped me catch fish. I was doing my normal pattern of fishing the drop of a ledge and turned the Turret to cover shallow water up on the flat. Picture #1. I never fish this shallow in this specific area and never fish a stick bait. Picture #2 is the result.

161-E8017-1-B80-448-B-AFCD-138-B367980-BB.jpg 408-C25-A6-196-A-4-FFE-B4-C7-EA03-F2895-A27.jpg
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

4. Member

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    The waves were present on my initial installation down the Ultrex arm. More so on the H15 than the H12. I was able to tune the first waves out where they very rarely displayed. I have the same settings on the most recent installation and the only thing different is all cabling running with the Minn Kota sheathed cables. Coincidence? Really don’t know for sure. Strangely, I got used to the waves after a while and concentrating on fish targets./QUOTE]
    What did you do with the extra wire on the power cable ?

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    FNF, so you did the same as I did and have some interference?
    My rig is TM transducer with SI, DI, 2D then the live.
    If work things were not so pressing, I'd go test it soon.
    I was more worried with the abundance of left-over cable in the nose.
    Skeeter wired the 36V for Ultrex right down mid-ship and terminated there.
    (Good thing I was installing Live and found the beginning of corrosion- fixed)
    I paid close attention to how the wiring sat in my bow.

From a installation view, is it the cable in the bow and assorted power wiring?
    Or is it cable absorption on the shaft that is causing the shock wave interference?

I will say this, I have not had ANY interference problems with my layout so far.
    Solix 10 Bow & 12 Console.
    Mine is Ultrex - built in DI 2D with ML attached to the Ultrex. I just got finished re-routing the cables from the trolling motor bundle to frame.
    Be interesting to see if the echos disappear.

I'm like you I wonder about all the extra cables coiled up under my bow panel.

7. Member
    Had a thought! Maybe using some of the foam from Live box in between power and ethernet cables.
    Could reduce/prevent some interference and it's light weight!

[QUOTE=fishnfireman;12276386]
    What did you do with the extra wire on the power cable ?
    Shorten it and spiced into the ML ground with the drain wire.

Update on Wednesday’s “shock waves”. I didn’t change anything to my knowledge and there were no shock waves today. Same lake, pretty much same everything. I was pleased with the ML performance today. I learn more every trip. The only downer today was when I found a humongous school of bass with SI, turned around, dropped the TM and watched the ML go crazy with fish images. Didn’t get a bite, lol. Although it is nice to spot lock in the wind and not worry about ML scanning every direction.

9. Member
    I think determining species might be hard and possibly maddening. We have lots of 2 to 3# Whites here that usually school this time of year. Normally I would not know they are there unless they are eating on the surface. With ML we will be able to see those and get frustrated as they don't hit suspending jerks often unless they are smallish cranks. It will be fun to learn new stuff! Keep the info coming! Thanks Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I think determining species might be hard and possibly maddening. We have lots of 2 to 3# Whites here that usually school this time of year. Normally I would not know they are there unless they are eating on the surface. With ML we will be able to see those and get frustrated as they don't hit suspending jerks often unless they are smallish cranks. It will be fun to learn new stuff! Keep the info coming! Thanks Bob
    Sometimes a suspending jerkbait catches --------

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Nice crappie! I did say often. I caught a 36" Northern on a tiny crappie crank.

I wanted to show what I was looking at when I came across the huge school of what I think are bass and we were discussing. Definitely not crappie as this lake does not have any. This screen shot is at the tail end of a hundred yards or so of fish. The waypoint south of the boat icon was made a week prior and I marked a school of fish. I did manage to catch a few bass then. This lake is so full of bass and it is not unusual to get on a school and catch more fish than you would believe if I told you. I do have a few videos of those special days and will share if asked to.

3-C9-CA5-D7-B42-C-40-FE-99-D2-6210-F77559-C1.jpg

13. Member
    I believe! Are those insects in the water? I have been in Mayfly hatches and every fish in the lake is cashing in on it. Many times even in soft bottomed deep open water a shallow stick bait or even a surface lure worked fantastic. Not sure on timing down in Texas, but appears like immerging bugs. Bob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234