An easy one for you guys: tools?

Merry Christmas all!!

I'm going to look at a 1992 115 HP V4 Johnson outboard and want to know what tools I need to take. (actually, it's attached to the boat I'm trying to buy). Are these motors SAE or metric bolts/nuts? What size sparkplug socket do I need? Are the sparkplugs recessed or easy access? What size compression tester adapter will thread in the spark plug hole? Is the lower unit drain plug a large flathead screw? Anything else? I have a ton of mechanics tools but don't want to bring the whole ton!

Anything special I need to look out for with these motors? I want to check it out thoroughly.

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by MattG. View Post
    Merry Christmas all!!

I'm going to look at a 1992 115 HP V4 Johnson outboard and want to know what tools I need to take. (actually, it's attached to the boat I'm trying to buy). Are these motors SAE or metric bolts/nuts? What size sparkplug socket do I need? Are the sparkplugs recessed or easy access? What size compression tester adapter will thread in the spark plug hole? Is the lower unit drain plug a large flathead screw? Anything else? I have a ton of mechanics tools but don't want to bring the whole ton!

Anything special I need to look out for with these motors? I want to check it out thoroughly.

Thanks much!
    SAE
    13/16
    easy
    14mm
    yes
    spark checker, flashlight, rags, flusher
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

3. Member
    Take an adjustable crescent wrench to turn the (biggest) flat screwdriver if you are going to remove the drain plug. Take a hammer to hit it with to start the turning and maybe to get it in the slot, sometimes the slot gets buggered.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    SAE
    13/16
    easy
    14mm
    yes
    spark checker, flashlight, rags, flusher
    Thanks much guys! Seahorse: If there is one thing I LOVE it's a concise answer!!!!