Flush mount live well lights

Hey guys! Just checking in to see if anyone has replaced their burned out live well lights. One of mine are burned out on my 2009 206. Took a look and it appears to be a 1 1/4" hole that was drilled. None of the lights available these days require that large of a hole. For the most part, they all require a 3/4" hole in your live well. It would be good to have one that fits the 1 1/4" hole already there.

I was thinking of patching it up with some sort of fiberglass glue or 3m 5200 and then drilling thru that after curing. I have been tossing around some ideas.

What have you guys done to replace the existing lights. Did you patch up the hole and re-drill. Did you find large diameter lights? Would love to find a light with a large diameter.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Tom
    1B737378 / 2009 - 250 PRO XS

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Tom, have you checked to see if the bulb is replaceable?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Yeah, I will have to pull one and check. I left them both in and added two others. Drilled out another 3/4" hole and installed nice bright LED lights. It was pretty easy. Man I have to switch to Lithium Batteries soon because taking out those group 31 lead batteries is no easy task anymore! Merry Christmas TX Champ!

4. Member
    Went to unscrew the light and it broke apart - disintegrated. No go and besides, no way to replace soldered in LED light. Crazy. This led light must have been the first of its kind back in 2009. Anyways. figured out a way to install the smaller diameter lights. All good.
    Last edited by tomloans; 12-28-2021 at 02:47 PM.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomloans View Post
    Yeah, I will have to pull one and check. I left them both in and added two others. Drilled out another 3/4" hole and installed nice bright LED lights. It was pretty easy. Man I have to switch to Lithium Batteries soon because taking out those group 31 lead batteries is no easy task anymore! Merry Christmas TX Champ!
    I agree ... yanking the batteries out is a PITA for an old guy like me, but with the gas tank mid-ship, I want all he weight back there I can get.

6. Member
    I agree ... yanking the batteries out is a PITA for an old guy like me, but with the gas tank mid-ship, I want all he weight back there I can get.
    Yeah good point. I think I am going to post and see how 210 and 206 owners are doing with the lithium batteries. There has to be some who have switched.

7. Member
    Reggie,

I have another question for you. Do you recall the model number on the gas level sender?

I do not think I have Livewell Lights. Were these standard on a 2007 210 elite?
    Where are they mounted at in the livewell if one was to add these lights?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSharky00 View Post
    I do not think I have Livewell Lights. Were these standard on a 2007 210 elite?
    Where are they mounted at in the livewell if one was to add these lights?
    I will take a picture but I can't believe you don't have them. They have likley been blown out and you didn't know it. Give me a few days and I will upload some pics. They need to be lower. But will take pics soon

Thanks!

11. Member
    Hi Leslie,

Here are the pictures. You will note the console. The power button is on along with the accessory button on the left as noted in one picture. The other two are both sides of the livewell. You will note that on one side there is blue one on the lower part. This is the original on one side. The other side lower original burned out and so I replaced it with a white one. The top white lights are new holes that I drilled and connected to the other two. Does that make sense? Incidentally the two black round items below the lights are these... T. H. Marine O2-BK3-DP Oxygenator Pro Livewell Flush Mount

20211230_221527.jpg20211230_221508.jpg20211230_221504.jpg
    Last edited by tomloans; 12-31-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing the inside of your live well with me. My live well does not look anything like this.
    I'll see if I can get in there and get some pics of mine to compare. But I have the clear plastic 2 piece divider and no lights at all like yours.
    Mine did have the mega-lynk and has been converted to toggle switches.