1875 Lund impact/150 mercury four stroke

Currently run a 19 tempest plus, which runs good but can only get 5400rpm on it. I like the handling etc but thought I should be running more rpm….motor is on 2nd hole from the top btw.

Tried a 17 tempest and could red line it but lost 3mph with it. Also tried a 18 Enertia which would also red line, gained 1 mph….boat ran much flatter. Maybe i should have tried it for a longer period of time, but without the bow lift of the tempest the Enertia just didn’t feel as good.

Anyone have a similar boat that could offer suggestions?

2. Member
    May want to try raising the motor up another hole

3. Member
    Is your motor a Pro XS or a regular four stroke ? What is your red line, 5800 or 6000 rpm ?

4. Member
    Regular 4 stroke…red line is 6k. It seems universal that lends like the 2nd hole form the top, but i could try raising it. I then assume i would have blowout unless I went to a 4 blade.

5. Member
    Try raising it 1 hole and see what happens. Can always drop it back down. Doubt you will get blow out unless you really over trim. Tempest props have a pretty good cup in the blades and usually hold water really well

6. Member
    I will give it a go for sure.

7. Member
    Put a 6" jack plate on it then you can raise it up but not very much. If you don't want the plate have the prop worked but if you raise the motor up one hole you will probably porpoise or blow out on take off and have to let it back down. Jack plate is the easy fix.

8. Member
    Would prefer to reprop as opposed to adding a jackplate…I think i just have a little too much prop right now and looking for options….but thanks for the suggestion.

9. Banned
    I have ran a Turning Point Dual Geometry Prop on a 1850 Fish Hawk (very similar to your Lund) with the 150 Pro Xs 4 Stroke and picked up 4mph over the 19P Tempest. Along with holeshot, handling and lift. I had ran a 21P and it only got me to 5400rpms so a 17P-19P may be what you are after. From personal experience this prop likes to be submerged so it may like the second hole over the third but trial and error my friend.

10. Member
    Great info bentz