2022 Jaquar Update

Now that's temps have dropped, tried 27 Bravo Xs, 76 mph at 6000 rpm, full fuel, moderate load. This 300 seems stronger than my last. Boat is a blast to drive.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

That is very good. I just tried a 27 bravoXS on my Jag with the 400 verado and 82.6 was my best pass.

3. Member
    why do you carry 50-60 gallons of fuel at any one time? 7.2 lbs per gallon???
    Last edited by mactlman; 12-25-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    why do you care 50-60 gallons of fuel at any one time? 7.2 lbs per gallon???

On my Jag the amount of fuel does not seem to effect top speed. Hole shot suffers a little but once up and running this hull does not seem to care.

5. Member
    That, and the 300 can be a thirsty beast!

6. Member
    Hello Blue Steel…What speed were you getting with what prop before trying the 27 Bravo XS?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Creek Boy View Post
    Hello Blue Steel…What speed were you getting with what prop before trying the 27 Bravo XS?
    I broke the motor in with a 24 Fury that came on it from the factory. Rick Lawyer has the same setup as me, he's done extensive prop testing and is running a 26 Bravo. Neither he or I care for the Furys as they don't lift the boat.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    why do you carry 50-60 gallons of fuel at any one time? 7.2 lbs per gallon???
    I've got the same set up as Blue Steel. This boat performs better with weight in the back. Drop it down to 10 gallons and the performance suffers. I’m guessing the weight acts as leverage to help carry the nose.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I broke the motor in with a 24 Fury that came on it from the factory. Rick Lawyer has the same setup as me, he's done extensive prop testing and is running a 26 Bravo. Neither he or I care for the Furys as they don't lift the boat.
    Ive run 24&25 Fury 3 blades and 25,26,& 27 Bravos. Top end does not drop off much if any when going to the Bravo (couple of .1’s). Holeshot is very similar between all but I found the biggest difference to be lift and acceleration is considerably better with the Bravo. Virtually no difference between 26&27 slight top end gain to 27 and slightly better acceleration to the 26.

I love the way bravos drive. (With my maxx 5 being the exception to my Bravo preference)On my Sterling , allisons , and this Jaguar as well. I've got a 26 promax I'm gonna try on the Jag just cause I have it but I'm not expecting anything great.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Mike, when are we gonna get these jags together and do some fishing?
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    Mike, when are we gonna get these jags together and do some fishing?
    Craig,I'm trying to plan some spring brown fish trips, possibly St.Claire, upstate NY. You game?
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

13. Member
    Thank You Blue Steel and Limbhanger 51 for the information.We are looking forward to receiving our first new boat ever in April.We ordered the Jaguar with a 300 Mercury Pro XS and are trying to determine which prop is best for us to go with. We want the best all around one to drive and are not too concerned with a couple of mph on top in as long as we can get in the low 70 mph range. Any thoughts on 3 blade verses 4 blade and what that does to the performance on this setup?…Thank You Once Again For The Shared Information.

14. Member
    Buck Creek Boy,
    You’ve got no some great input here. I’ve owned a 2021 Jaguar, and am waiting for my 2022. My 21 ran a stone stock 24 Fury up to 75, with a tournament load. Full disclosure—I like a Fury 3 for the hole shot, and the way it loads the boat on the trailer. I’ve never run a Bravo, or any other 4 blade since the Fury came out. Just hard for me to drop $850 on a prop.
    I will say that Ronnie Gilbert can work magic on a Fury for about $250.

Other comments on the Jaguar. This big hull drives differently. Had to get my 21 up to about 50 before air started packing under the hull, and then she just keeps building speed. Likes a LOW jackplate and only moderate trim.
    put the throttle all the way down, and trim gently as speed increases. Once I figured this out, 73-75 was there, and she will just EAT rough water at 45-55. It is an awesome boat.

I am a Bravo fan. Have never cared for Furys as they do not lift the boat. If it were me, I'd purchase either a 25 or 26 Bravo.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

16. Member
    Thank You all so very much for sharing this information.

17. Member
    2021 jag with 300vrod. Ran a 26, 26.5 and 27 bravo after running a 3 blade fury.

Run a 27 bravo now. Not sure I could tell from a 26.5.

Plate height will be dependent on prop also. a 3 blade fury and a 4 blade bravo as an example. the physics dictates. 4 blade bravo's like to run higher on most applications. and trim will also be dependent on weight distribution in the boat.