T Box lid on newer 518

Hey guys,
    I bought a 2021 518 several months ago and ordered a t box lid from the dealer. They say they’re still waiting for it to arrive, but since it’s been 4 months I decided to call ranger parts to ask. Ranger said the part isn’t an option for a 518. Ive seen several posts on here where guys have installed them on 518s. Anyone have the trash can lid on a newer model 518? Did you get it from dealer or ranger?
    I really want to get one to install.
    Thanks!

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I have one on order from my Ranger dealer. Ranger does not have them in stock, and hasn’t had them for several months. Just another of those items that is stuck in the supply chain. I’m glad it’s not something that is critical. Eventually we will get them.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    It may not be an option for a 518 but it should fit as the setup for that area is the same on all Z500 Rangers

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    It may not be an option for a 518 but it should fit as the setup for that area is the same on all Z500 Rangers
    Correct. My dealer temporarily pulled one off a stock Z521, and it perfectly fit the cutout in my Z519. So they entered the serial number of that Z521 in the system to order me the same lid.

5. Member
    Awesome. Thanks guys, I was beginning to second guess whether or not I would ever get it.

6. Member
    Hey guys, I’m resurrecting this post, as I still haven’t been able to get the T-box lid for my 2021 518. The dealer I bought it from says they can’t get the right one from Ranger, each time it has been the wrong one. I’m from Martinsville, VA- so know the people at Anglers Choice, so I contacted them. Eventually Ranger told them that a T-box lid isn’t available for a 518. They did say one part may fit, part#340970, which is for a 520/521 C model. The part is basically $100, non-returnable. Does anyone have any info or experience in the T-box lid for a newer 518? I would assume the 519 lid would work. I may go ahead and order it, and if it doesn’t fit, try to sell it on here. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    All I can tell you, Todd, is that there are at least two different t-box lids, and with neither of them being listed in stock parts for your boat, you had a 50/50 chance of getting the wrong one. If you are being told that the 520/521 part is in stock, that is your only remaining option, and even those have been backordered for a very long time. In the chance that it does not fit your boat, you almost certainly could move it quickly to someone who needs/wants one. I doubt you’d lose much in such a transaction, so it comes down to risk/reward. I wouldn’t wait too long to make up my mind, either, if I were you. What I don’t understand is why, if a/your dealer has the option to get one, they don’t pick it up for stock. That way, you wouldn’t need to worry about non-returnability. And since we know that the 520/521 model fits a 519, surely before long that dealer would have an opportunity to make a 519 owner happy [if it didn’t fit the 518].

8. Member
    I ordered one for my 2015 520c and received it in about 5 days, I'd be glad to measure it for you
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    Awesome guys. Thanks for the replies. I’ll go ahead and order one, and will PM Dave for measurements. Much appreciated!

10. Member
    Update-called the dealer, and they drop shipped a t-box lid that was for a 520C and it fit perfect. Thanks for the help and to Dave for the measurements! Much appreciated!