Thread: Eyra question?

Eyra question?

Has anyone tried a bravo prop on an Eyra with a merc 250? Thanks

2. Member
    Yes I like it better than a fury. Gives it a little more lift. I have a 26 pitch on mine.

Some like them and some don’t. I depends on your individual preferences, loads and operation.

4. Member
    Most seem to lose speed with a bravo but like the ease of driving one

5. Member
    It will drive better, but it needs to be run deep. Do not try to raise it to gain the 1-2 mph you may lose compared to the Fury. You will get much less chine walk, but if you raise it, it will blow out easier than the Fury. Just be careful.

6. Member
    BLAKEFAV you have a very different experience than I have with the Bravos. I have run the FS, XS and the Lab Finish from Mercury Racing and have never had one blow out from too little P2P. I actually run them close to above p2p but have a Sportmaster lower. Things could be a little different. They are however very trim sensitive......maybe too much trim? We have different animals and they are all tamed in different ways.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Yes, the TorqueMaster case and Sportmaster are totally different. Let’s alone the torque that a 300R generates.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    BLAKEFAV you have a very different experience than I have with the Bravos. I have run the FS, XS and the Lab Finish from Mercury Racing and have never had one blow out from too little P2P. I actually run them close to above p2p but have a Sportmaster lower. Things could be a little different. They are however very trim sensitive......maybe too much trim? We have different animals and they are all tamed in different ways.
    Yep totally different animal. That prop was made for your set up. Try that in my Eyra, and you’ll get tossed. I have the scars to prove it lol.

I ran various 26' bravos on my 2021 eyra (250 merc v8, 4 agm 31s and poles) prop ran 1-2 mph slower than my fury. I think my top with one of them was 77. Handling was way better and the boat really carved turns. Did little to nothing on the hole shot and required most plugs - plugged. I think it hardly got on plane with 3 pvs holes open. That prop worked for hole shot or a eyra with lithiums would be a real ticket.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"