Question 396 pricing and feedback.

Happy holidays,

After a little research, the 396 grabbed my interest. My real love is the 596 but I just can’t justify the cash outlay at this point in my life. Anyone have recent purchase or pricing info that they can share? I’m not looking for power poles or super large electronics. My only additional upgrades would be a Minn Kota 112 fortrex and a hydraulic plate. Also, are c channel trailers available as an option? There appears to be a taller windshield option. My only concern would be casting hits and cracks for less experienced anglers in back. Most likely go with a SHO for the motor.

For Touch of class….Build time? Unless some one has inside info on a prime used boat.

Any holeshot, handling and speed input would be appreciated as well. I understand the charger ride quality. I fish tidal rivers as well as reservoirs.

Thanks and god bless.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    IMO the 396 is a good 19’9 inch boats as it fishes very good(very stable) front deck is mid size (not like some of the new wide bodies of today) good storage.It’s fast has a bullet boats type pad running surface and is a drivers boat at speed.75-78 is about normal.For me out of the 6 series the 396 and 596 are 2 of the best they have.Now granted you can’t compare a 19 foot boat to a 22 especially when the water gets mean.The 210 is very nice with modern updates.The 596 is long (medium size front deck)and the 797 is super wide and long.
    build I was told it’s around 2-3 months depending on holidays etc.and price I bet your still in the 65-75 range nothing is cheap anymore.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I will send a request for pricing quote.

4. Member
    What do you think a 396 would go for just the hull and trailer. no electronics, no trolling motor, no poles
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    IMO the 396 is a good 19’9 inch boats as it fishes very good(very stable) front deck is mid size (not like some of the new wide bodies of today) good storage.It’s fast has a bullet boats type pad running surface and is a drivers boat at speed.75-78 is about normal.For me out of the 6 series the 396 and 596 are 2 of the best they have.Now granted you can’t compare a 19 foot boat to a 22 especially when the water gets mean.The 210 is very nice with modern updates.The 596 is long (medium size front deck)and the 797 is super wide and long.
    build I was told it’s around 2-3 months depending on holidays etc.and price I bet your still in the 65-75 range nothing is cheap anymore.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

6. Member
    ouch