Flo Torq Hub Kit on Yamaha SHO

I wanted to run a Bravo on my 2022 Yamaha SHO. There doesn't seem to be a clear answer on which hub kit to buy for the Yamaha, I ordered the 835274Q1 and it's either not the right one, or the directions aren't clear.

A couple questions,

1. Does the existing brass thrust washer from the motor come off and the new thrust washer from the hub kit go on?

2. The directions state to put the hub bushing inside the drive sleeve, but the kit did not include the hub bushing. I had a hub bushing from an old Tempest that I have laying around, so I put that inside the new drive sleeve, but it doesn't seem like the drive sleeve and hub assembly go deep enough into the prop for the thrust washer to set properly.

3. The thrust washer that was sent in the kit does not look like the thrust washer in the directions, as it has 2 lips on each side of the washer.

I've heard that the 8M0075402 hub kit is the other kit that works, and looking at all of the parts with this kit, it's completely different than the one I have.

I'm confused......
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    This is what I found out: Flo-Torq II Hub Kit # 8M0075402 is for 115-250 HP VMax SHO using 2 piece OEM thrust washers. Flo-Torq II Hub Kit # 835274Q1 is for 115-250 HP VMax SHO using 1 piece OEM thrust washers. Hope this helps. Flo-Torq II Hub Kits - Quicksilver Products (quicksilver-products.com)

3. Member
    8M0075402 is what I use with a Tempest on my 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    8M0075402 is what I use with a Tempest on my 250 SHO
    Did you remove the original Yamaha thrust washer from the prop shaft? Did you use the hub bushing in the drive sleeve?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Did you remove the original Yamaha thrust washer from the prop shaft? Did you use the hub bushing in the drive sleeve?
    Now you have me thinking. Want to say you use both.

6. Member
    Only use one thrust washer. . For sure. I believe but not sure I used the two sided washer for the flow tru hub. As long it seats properly and the cutter key locks properly either can work. On new flow tru you may have to actually screw the prop on to set the hub. Then remove and possibly change thrush washer if it seated too far on prop shaft and rubs
    Last edited by munchie; 12-30-2021 at 08:57 PM.

7. Member

Hub Kit