Thread: Lake conroe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake conroe

Wanted to start a thread for anyone that wants to share any waypoints or tips and tricks for fishing lake Conroe.

2. Member
    I would say don't go on a week end or on Holidays. Been a long time since I fished Conroe on the north end but Senko's worked for me in Watermelon red for bass.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

3. Member
    I don’t think anyone shares info on Conroe lol.

4. Member
    Boy if that ain’t the truth but I thought I’d try

5. Member
    Best advice I can give is just go fish. And it was already said, avoid the weekends.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

6. Member
    Ok, my experience… I’ve been fishing a lot more Conroe these days and have a few go-to places. This past Friday (Christmas Eve) we went way up the cove between Walden and Bentwater. We fished up a creek right under 1097 road. It gets shallow as you get close to the bridge, about 2’, so either troll in or don’t come off plane until the bridge. Once under the bridge, go straight and fish the bayou/creek all the way back. Lots of structure and lay-downs. Ultimately we fished green flukes on weighted swimbait hooks. Middle of the day about noon, we must have boated 20 bass of all sizes - some real quality and some small. I usually have good success back there, but this past Friday was a great experience.

How’s that for sharing a bit of info?!?
    Last edited by boarder1995; 12-26-2021 at 03:16 PM.

7. Member
    Been wanting to try that area can you share a pin? Or map?

8. Member
    30°25'30.2"N 95°40'12.1"W
    https://goo.gl/maps/2BrMMjoF9K2kG86F8

9. Member
    Conroe has some good fishing, on Tuesday-Thursday daylight until lunch time. All other times, you'd have more fun sticking your wee wee in a meat grinder...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoBendChamp View Post
    Conroe has some good fishing, on Tuesday-Thursday daylight until lunch time. All other times, you'd have more fun sticking your wee wee in a meat grinder...
    this is the truest statement out there. I moved down here from Kansas City last year. Keep my boat on Conroe. Hardly even fish it because of the traffic. Not to mention nobody on Conroe has respect and courtesy wether it be fellow fisherman or recreational. Good luck.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

11. Member
    I've been in Conroe since 2008, and avoid the lake if it's above 50 degrees outside.

12. Member
    I generally go weekdays so I guess I’ve done well to avoid much traffic … would even venture to say I’ve had worse boat traffic on Somerville but I can actually catch fish on Somerville

13. Member
    Any recommendations where bass will be bedding come spawn?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jschoettler View Post
    Just above all coves. I fish the south end (south of 1097) more often than not. I try to find some "deep" water close to the retaining walls. April Sound area has some good spawning coves

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jschoettler View Post
    Several guys go north of the 1375 bridge during this time.

Staying north of 1097 on the weekend is not too congested except for Sand Cove. That place seems to be ski heaven to those hoping to find calm water. If I'm looking for a peaceful spot to fish I'll go Peach Creek. With the amount of stumps hardly anyone ventures there and its a mine field 200 yards out from the mouth of that cove in all directions so you have lots of room.

16. Member
    New guy here also new to the state. Is Conroe that crazy during the week? I plan on getting a boat in the next few weeks and Conroe is really the only option for a break in. Any info is much appreciated.

17. Member
    Right now during the week you'll be fine until the nicer weather comes. The lake gets pretty rough from wind for being a "smaller lake".
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    Right now during the week you'll be fine until the nicer weather comes. The lake gets pretty rough from wind for being a "smaller lake".
    Thanks for the info. I assume all the big lakes in the summer have pleasure boaters sunup to sundown seven days a week.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yot_fish View Post
    Thanks for the info. I assume all the big lakes in the summer have pleasure boaters sunup to sundown seven days a week.
    Even the pros said Conroe is one of the roughest smaller lakes they've been on. The problem is it's like a washing machine and the waves come from every direction. Just makes for running the rough water tough. I broke my boat in at Conroe during the summer. Wasn't terrible but wasn't smooth and pleasant either lol.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

20. Member
    I ran a camera boat for the Classic in 2017. The cameraman I had is one of the most experienced in BASS, he does Zona's show. He commented the last day as we came into Lakeview that it was a rough sucker, I had a high school angler with us who looked at me and then told him, this is not a bad day!! I commented that there were not 7-10 big boats coming out and heaven forbid they run in line, oh know we cannot follow each other. Weekdays only for me, never on a weekend. If you want some real fun go on Memorial Day!

As to tips on Conroe, go fishing!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast