4.1 update for force

Does anyone have any insight on the purpose/benefits of this update?
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    Does anyone have any insight on the purpose/benefits of this update?

I don't know but downloaded it the other day. I hope it helps with the anchor lock issues. I am tired of it not working properly. Ultrex works much better. I prefer everything else about the force over the Ultrex but Garmin most get this feature fixed. If Minn Kota can do it so can Garmin.

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    I don't know but downloaded it the other day. I hope it helps with the anchor lock issues. I am tired of it not working properly. Ultrex works much better. I prefer everything else about the force over the Ultrex but Garmin most get this feature fixed. If Minn Kota can do it so can Garmin.
    keep us updated if it improves it or if you notice anything else the update does. I am baffled there is nothing on a google search about the update
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Todd is usually around answering questions and if anyone knows about the new update it would be him....but being the holidays he's probably busy.. ..
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Todd is usually around answering questions and if anyone knows about the new update it would be him....but being the holidays he's probably busy.. ..
    probably fishing with the weather we are having..

6. Member
    I performed the update but haven’t been on the water yet
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

7. Member
    Still backs up 10’
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

8. Member
    Didn't fix a thing!

I didnt see it as an update for the Force.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    So mine backs up sometimes but I'm still moving forward when it does ,so lets say I'm on the motor moving forward and I see brush and hit spot its going to back because momentum is pushing me forward still,just like before spot lock I had to manually reverse my momentum myself or run my brush over . does this make sense

Sorry for the slower than normal response to this. Was out of pocket for a few days for Christmas.

Change log is below, and the Garmin website will be updated soon to include this.

Main version 4.10 - Remote version 2.60 - Foot pedal version 2.60

1. Fixed an issue where the unit could fail to power on properly.

2. Fixed an issue that could result in chartplotters being unable to sync navigation data.
    Garmin Pro Team

Used mine with the update Sunday. Still backed up 8-10 feet while I was stopped. I love the motor but this is frustrating. If they can figure it out it will be an excellent motor.

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Used mine with the update Sunday. Still backed up 8-10 feet while I was stopped. I love the motor but this is frustrating. If they can figure it out it will be an excellent motor.
    Have you contacted Garmin support. They will fix your problem.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

14. Member
    The 10’ doesn’t bother me that much but if it’s an easy fix please share.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

There is no easy fix.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

16. Member
    So y'all saying if to your tied to the dock not moving and hit spot its going to reverse you 10 ft .

Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    So y'all saying if to your tied to the dock not moving and hit spot its going to reverse you 10 ft .
    I suspect if everyone did that most would find that their boat would move very little. The problem comes in open water when you think your boat is not moving forward when you hit lock but in actuality it is. Then this is what happens: the forward momentum carries your boat forward as the Force immediately spins aft and begins to engage the prop. It will slow, then stop and then reverse your direction of travel. It will continue to reverse your boat well past the point where you engaged the lock. It will then slow and stop that movement and then bring you back to your lock position and hold at that point. The amount or distance of this "swing" is going to be proportional to your original momentum when you engage the lock and all three movements (the forward, reverse and return to lock position paths) will be pretty much the same.

I have posted videos on this forum that show this behavior. When I'm fishing and engage the lock, my boat always seems to back up. I would swear that my boat was not moving. This can happen when the water is glass and there's not a breath of air. But if I repeat the process with a solid reference point such as tied to a dock or dead still up against a tire or buoy, there is no auto reverse.

It seems to me that if Garmin could change the programming so that it brought the boat back to the lock point in two movements (stopping the initial movement of the boat and then returning to the lock point) rather than the overshoot past the lock point and return paths it would be much better. Its that overshoot that people interpret as an auto reverse and I don't understand why it has to be programmed that way.

Here is my Force engaged while sitting pretty still with tires used as a reference point. No auto reverse

https://photos.smugmug.com/1994-Cham...905_1-1280.mp4

And here lock is engaged with the boat at at slow creep past a buoy. You can hear me engage the lock. Watch the buoy and the mountains in the background as a frame of reference. See what's going on? Here it is obvious the boat was moving when the lock was engaged. But I believe that it can be difficult to sense that when in open water without an immediate reference point.

https://photos.smugmug.com/1994-Cham...34358-1280.mp4

Try this if you don't believe me. Sometime when you're spooning watch what your line does when you drop your spoon when you think you're sitting dead still. As it drops your line will angle or slant revealing the movement of your boat

20. Member
    I agree mine acts just like yours but I guess some are having an issue. Sometimes I wish it didn't work so hard round and round in calm water