Question How are the AirWave seats?

I would like some honest feedback on what people think about the AirWave pedestal seats in the VX series.

I am a big guy, and I fish the Great Lakes, so I am curious how the airwave pedestal setup would hold up in those conditions. I used to have a 621 Ranger with Smooth Moves pedestal seat suspension, and in rougher conditions that suspension would bottom out with my weight, which was very uncomfortable.

Any larger guys had a chance to put the AirWave suspension through its paces in rough water?

2. Member
    I'm not a "large" guy but fish a lot of rough water. The ability to adjust the seats to your weight is huge. I have some lower back, lumbar region, issues and the airwave seats make a huge difference. They prevent the slap or hard landing from transmitting through the boat into your body.

3. Member
    I’m about 270 and have had multiple neck and back surgeries, nothing worse that “bottoming out” in my old Rangers. The seats and ride in general in the VX is just flat out awesome. I’ve yet to get the “shock’ to the lower back in this boat (VX 21). You do need to check the air in the seats from time to time to make sure you have the proper psi
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

I'm a bigger fella and can't say enough good things about them. Rode through 4'ers at a good clip on Oahe for 50+ miles back to back days this summer and they were life saving!