Thread: Tokyo Rig

Tokyo Rig

This rig has became my new favorite go to this past season. When they are not commiting to a jig instead of a t-rigged senko I pitch the tokyo straight shank 4/0 with a beaver bait. 1/2 - 3/4 oz tungsten. I've had a lot of success downsizing like this. Anyone else do the same?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    This rig has became my new favorite go to this past season. When they are not commiting to a jig instead of a t-rigged senko I pitch the tokyo straight shank 4/0 with a beaver bait. 1/2 - 3/4 oz tungsten. I've had a lot of success downsizing like this. Anyone else do the same?
    Yeppers, I make a few for the upcoming season during the winter...along with cleaning/modding/maintaining/repair my rods, reels, lures, hooks, and taking inventory.

I am also making smaller mag-finesse Tokyo rigs with 3/16 - 1/4 oz weights for 3" and smaller baits with smaller Owner B91 wide gap hooks...its a blast with 10lb braid/leader and a light + powered mag finesse rod and reel. The only adjustment I need to make is to order some thinner spinnerbait wire for the smaller split rings in order to better fit the smaller hook eyes used for making these little dudes.