Input - Jr. fishing kid - free stuff from me (Florida Kids)

First, I am not trying to single out other states (I give away a lot of free stuff) I would just like to donate to a Florida youngster. I have given a lot of stuff away to local kids but I had an idea. Please let me know if you think it is stupid or just not feasible to do???

I am organizing my tackle getting ready for the tournament scene and some personal goals. Anyway, I have started a give away box again which I do from time to time. I am not counting, organizing, labeling, etc. just placing my "give-away" in a box loosely organized. Things such as: 1. Jigs, chatterbaits, hard baits, terminal tackle, etc. that I am no longer gonna use. I am not checking condition --but 95 percent should be good since I store indoors or in garage. I am guessing but it will be a few hundred dollars worth of stuff if not a little more. I am taking this week to organize so would be able to package and ship after Christmas.

So my idea... have a youngster message me here, email me, or what ever other medium you think a kid could use telling me why he or she loves fishing and wants to do XXXX in fishing. I have always done this with my children over the years and I think it provides them with some skin in the game instead of a give away.

Let me know your thoughts? If folks think this is a good idea, I will post my email address in a few days and start checking messages. I am looking for zero money, I will pay shipping, just want the stuff to go to a youngster who would find joy and use. If this catches traction I will have my wife pick the winner. Let me know and Merry Christmas.

Great idea and an even better gesture.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

3. Member
    Can I type the paper and print it out or does it need to be in cursive?

On a serious note, you win the Angel Award. Merry Christmas to you!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Can I type the paper and print it out or does it need to be in cursive?

On a serious note, you win the Angel Award. Merry Christmas to you!!
    Cursive but non dominant had needs to be used to write.

5. Member
    Very Very Kind of You and my hat's off to you Sir!!

My Grandson's are to little yet to be ready for such a Gift, but I'd bet there are a plenty around the State that are and would be Crazy Happy to get a gift like that!!

6. Member
    We give a lot of donated takle to the high school teams
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

7. Member
    I donate a lot of my old and surplus stuff to the local high school fishing team. Toho Marine handled the distribution.

8. Member
    Thanks for input and I have give to HS teams a lot. I’ll figure something out. I’m not looking to give this round to kids who 90 percent have a dad with a ton and means for buy for kids.

9. Member
    Not to Hi Jack this thread, but i would be willing to do so, as well. I have a bunch of soft plastics, some are custom poured that i have been trying to find an organization that does give towards, less fortunate children. Are there any Highschool Bass fishing programs, near Brooksville?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NHbassfisherman View Post
    Not to Hi Jack this thread, but i would be willing to do so, as well. I have a bunch of soft plastics, some are custom poured that i have been trying to find an organization that does give towards, less fortunate children. Are there any Highschool Bass fishing programs, near Brooksville?
    Let me know what you find out and I can send that way.