Rev 4 extra pvs holes

Need to add some more venting to my rev 4. But not sure where mark or others are putting them. I’ve seen pictures of a razor 4 with extra holes would that be the same for a rev 4. Anybody have any pictures of one with 8 holes they could share. Thx

2. Member
    I did mine just like the Bravo 1 XS. Worked out just fine. That's all I had to tell Mark, he took it from there.
    Mike Stephens
    Ranger Z521L (2018) Icon Edition
    Mercury Pro XS 250 with fat shaft, S/N2B528327
    Lowrance Carbon 16 and 12, Lowrance Active Target
    36V Minn Kota Ultrex
    Worked Tempest Plus 21 and 23 props

3. Member
    That was on a revo. Did u have to plug any after and how was your hole shot. The ones on a bravo 1xs are the same as the razor. How was your hole shot before. All plugs out on mine and it’s slow but love the lift. Loose about 2 mph on top compared to my tempest

I sent Mark a 25P Rev4 and had him pitch it up to 26. He also added 4 more PVS holes. Since I was still on the limiter at 79, I didn't adjust the venting with plugs. But it bogged with only 4, I still climbed up on plane. 8 vented too hard. Lower pitch props require less venting. Gear ratio also plays into this. There are no "Rules of thumb"

The prop really felt nice running. I with they made them in taller pitch's.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    First 4 are fully open, and second row has 1/4" holes drilled into solid plugs. 4 were not enough, 8 was too much, prop over rev'd on take off with all 8 open, still looking for a bit of fine tuning. This prop has a little bit of lag on power up, not sure why. Lift is really good, top speed not bad, hole shot, depending on load, is ok, but not great as it takes a bit to spool up such a big prop, lots of surface area to get going. My ranger, like most, does not lift very well, so all on the prop, and it holds lots of gas and livewell water, so it can get very heavy for tourney load and full gas. Gave up on Bravo 1 XS, never could get enough lift, and Tempest works well, but in big rough water, the Rev 4 is overall a really good choice.
    Mike Stephens
    36V Minn Kota Ultrex

6. Member
    On my 518 with a200 opti. The rev4 gets on plane with a slow corkscrew feel not much bow lift. But tons of lift stern and bow when on top. My tempest spins up better but needs speed to get it up on pad. I I like the way the rev4 carries my boat. I’m going to put 2 holes to start and see how it is. I fish a lot of shallow water down here in the marsh. I can raise my plate and get up in 2 feet of water with the tempest 3 or4 is deep most of the time. thx

7. Member
    Yeah, I grew up in Freeport, TX, fishing marshes, shallow bays and bayous, then moved to NW Louisiana, fishing those stumpy shallow lakes up there. I like a prop I can run in shallow water that does not stand the bow straight up, and dig the stern into the mud. Rev 4 seems to bring the boat up pretty flat without a bunch of quick bow rise, and my worked Tempest 21 has the best hole shot, quick, little bow rise and I'm on plane in 3 or 4 seconds. I use the Rev 4 now as a spare, it is a 23 pitch, and Marked blueprinted it as well as added the extra PVS holes. It runs well in big water, and my boat likes it, just not a good enough hole shot, should have bought a 21. This 23 is too stiff for my boat setup, so I may sell it, keep it around as a spare and keep experimenting with it, not sure yet. It looks brand new, so if I sell it, need to do it while it is in pristine shape. Like many boat guys, always looking for a better solution and spending way too much money on stuff.
    Good luck with your setup, you'll get there, just ease into it so you don't overshoot your goals and then spend even more money.
    Mike Stephens
    36V Minn Kota Ultrex