mikesxpress

Underwater bins sucking trash out of Anacostia River

Every little bit helps. Now can we get people to throw there trash were it belongs in the first place.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

3. mikesxpress
    I believe we have more of an issue with tidal bank flooding pulling junk into the Potomac than folks actually dumping trash into the river. That starts well up river in WV/PA and really manifests itself after massive rainfall washes stuff downstream. Hence our huge debris fields afterwards.

I understand. The problem doesn't start at the water systems it starts on the roads and parking lots and so on and so on.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    Although I've not fished the Anacostia, apparently it use to be a pretty good fishery before a lot of the pollution started to take over. Before I retired I use to spend quite a bit of time downtown DC and at the WNY, actually got married at the Chapel there in 1986, and always wondered how the fishing was nowadays. Thanks for the info, Mike!