Bent power pole brackets

I have 8’ power pole blades that came on my 2017 boat. I rarely use them fishing mostly deeper lakes but have noticed both brackets are bent. The port side is bent much worse than starboard and if you sight them you can see the bend is causing it to sit at a different angle. You can visually see a pretty serious bend in the bracket on the port side and to a lesser extent the starboard sign. Theyve never hit anything and i might deploy them 15-20 times a year but of course theyre very valuable when you need them. Has anybody ran into this problem and i just assume its from the weight of the poles hanging. I dont mind to buy new brackets but would hate to get them and have the same thing happen again. I havent contacted pp yet but i know their customer service is amazing. Just wondered if its a common issue
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Never ever heard of them bending without hitting anything. Not common not at all, they won't bend from the weight of poles just hanging.
    Contact power pole. You may be surprised.

3. Member
    Also never seen brackets bend for the poles. Could you let us know what brackets you have.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    A picture of what you are describing would be great. Are the poles bent front to back or side to side? If they are slanting either in or out, the brackets are not bent, but rather the PP mounting bolts have come loose. The bracket holes are slotted, and they can loosen up from vibration.
    Last edited by jerzia; 12-21-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Are you certain that they are bent and not loose? My PP brackets are pretty dang stout and I can’t imagine knocking them out of whack without some sort of significant contact with something hard??

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Are you certain that they are bent and not loose? My PP brackets are pretty dang stout and I can’t imagine knocking them out of whack without some sort of significant contact with something hard??
    your correct , simply not possible.

7. Member
    A huge gust of wind blew my stern into a dock and bent one of my brackets. It really didn't feel like a hard hit & was surprised by the 2" deflection. The pole itself wasn't damaged in any way. PP customer service the best! Here's a pic of the brackets I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RichW; 12-30-2021 at 07:14 AM.
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret