Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    That anti-hitch rattle bracket seems like a good idea but how do you guys use it? To pull the hitch up towards the receiver or down? Seems strange that you’d want to pull it up and fight against the tongue weight which could be 200-400lbs.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

2. mikesxpress
    Brian the device shown in my post pulls the stabber up tight to the top of the receiver and tight (inward) to the pin. Look closely at the photo and you'll see I also shifted the side slop to the left and then tightened the device. It hasn't moved since. Tongue weights normally associated with our bass type boats is irrelevant once the device is secured properly.

3. Member
    That anti-hitch rattle bracket seems like a good idea but how do you guys use it? To pull the hitch up towards the receiver or down? Seems strange that you’d want to pull it up and fight against the tongue weight which could be 200-400lbs.
    I have mine mounted to pull down.

Weight of the insert/load is always on the hitch receiver.

The clamp simply stops any up or sideways movement rather than being constantly under a load.

Either way works.

4. Member
    Thx guys. Although my clunk is coming from my actuator, I’m buying one of those anti-hitch rattle deals. Seems like a super smart idea that at worst will quiet my rig when towing. At best, it might even reduce wear and tear on the receiver/hitch/actuator

Merry Christmas!
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12