Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    If you are a kayaker you are taking a risk any time you get on a large body of water where bigger boats are running on. It makes more sense to use a kayak to your advantage and put it in places that bigger boats can't get to.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    How the hell does going 70mph help you catch fish? Your reasoning doesn't make sense. They need to have a speed limit down there to keep yahoo's from running wild like they do elsewhere. Don't like it? Don't go there...
    Well if its bedding season and there is wad of fish up on the hill than the first boat there gets the prize. Lets say they are schooling off a point and the first boat on the spot has it locked up. Making a long run running 80 as opposed to 35 gives u more fishing time. Example, yesterday i caught prob 50 ranging from 2 to 6 pnds. Pushed it to the last minute. I couldnt make myself leave with fish blowing up around me but since i knew i could rip back to the tamp i was ok (10 miles). So yes, speed can help you catch more fish.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 12-19-2021 at 05:39 PM.

3. Member
    Now if we could just get the airboats to sober up and slow down.

4. Banned
    I understand his concerns but i dont want any more restrictions on me due to the actions of a small group of people being irresponsible. I run 82 point something and still had more left but rarely do i run that hard BUT when i do dont want some dude in a suit over in Tallahassee telling me i cant. I've watched some of those northeast game warden shows and see all the restrictions those liberal states have in place... Screw that.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    What's wrong with keeping bass to eat? As long as they are legal and not over the limit I don't see a problem with it, no different than keeping any other legal fish to eat.
    Why in the hell would someone come to Fl and eat freshwater fish? I will never understand that. The only freshwater fish that I’ve eaten that doesn’t taste like dirt or grass is specks.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    Why in the hell would someone come to Fl and eat freshwater fish? I will never understand that. The only freshwater fish that I’ve eaten that doesn’t taste like dirt or grass is specks.
    I don't know what to tell you, either not cooked very well or poorly seasoned I guess. Trout, Walleye, Perch, Bass, Crappie, Catfish and Bluegill all taste good to me.

7. Member
    Up north those taste good…especially walleye…no walleye in Fl the rest taste like dirt or grass

8. Member
    Up north those taste good…especially walleye…no walleye in Fl the rest taste like dirt or grass
    Yeah... I doubt it but if you say so.

9. Banned
    Yeah... I doubt it but if you say so.
    Well tell ya what mr Ohio. Stay up there and eat your own bass. I get so much fun catching them that i wouldnt want to kill them.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Well tell ya what mr Ohio. Stay up there and eat your own bass. I get so much fun catching them that i wouldnt want to kill them.
    I fish all over the country, I haven't ate any bass for a few years but I have no problem with people who do as long as it's legal.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    I’m ok with the circle hooks. Seems to work for the saltwater guys.
    I use circle hooks exclusively on the beach. 99-percent of the fish I catch, including saltwater catfish are hooked in the corner of the mouth.

12. Member
    Oscars taste pretty good

13. Member
    There is a speed limit of 25mph on the S Canal and the East/West Canal..... but youd never know it the way most of these morons run their boats... Someone almost smashed right into me the other day at an intersection... Thought he was going to take the turn at a high rate of speed I guess to impress the others on his boat...He damn near lost control trying to miss me... I bet there was no more than 10-12 feet from the front of my boat and the side of his. PLEASE ENFORCE the speed limit!!!!
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

14. Banned
    Well if its bedding season and there is wad of fish up on the hill than the first boat there gets the prize. Lets say they are schooling off a point and the first boat on the spot has it locked up. Making a long run running 80 as opposed to 35 gives u more fishing time. Example, yesterday i caught prob 50 ranging from 2 to 6 pnds. Pushed it to the last minute. I couldnt make myself leave with fish blowing up around me but since i knew i could rip back to the tamp i was ok (10 miles). So yes, speed can help you catch more fish.
    Not a valid argument for the area we are talking about.

15. Member
    Oscars taste pretty good
    And there's the reason we have duct tape in our boat lockers. Shhhhhhh.

16. Member
    Speaking of boat wakes, running pretty good (say 70 ) I put up a much smaller wake than if i plow at 35. Mr kayak is much more likely to flip at 35 as opposed to higher.speeds. At 80 plus i have very little boat in the water. Dunns Creek has.turn after turm and there isnt a speed limit. Astor south does and its bullshit. What do u fish out of? If ur worried about flipping than maybe you shouldnt be there. R u from fl or transplanted? Move here and all of a sudden want to put restrictions on us like they have up north. You may or may not be but u sure sound like it. I dont have a Gambler with a 250 because i want to putt putt around.
    MM, Have you been to Headwaters, the Lake in question?

It's not the same as running on River nor are there going to be high dollar tournaments on there where running 80+ is going to help you.

It's a lake with twists and turns and a few Straight Sections. Personally I'd like to see it stay at 25 in the N/S Canal (no fishing allowed in it anyway) but open to 30-35 in then rest. Why? simply keeping it safe for everyone in the N/S Canal and my boat like most drive better at at least 30.

ABSOLUTLY NO REASON TO RUN 80+ ON THAT LAKE. NONE.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Not a valid argument for the area we are talking about.
    Agreed. 100%

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    MM, Have you been to Headwaters, the Lake in question?

It's not the same as running on River nor are there going to be high dollar tournaments on there where running 80+ is going to help you.

It's a lake with twists and turns and a few Straight Sections. Personally I'd like to see it stay at 25 in the N/S Canal (no fishing allowed in it anyway) but open to 30-35 in then rest. Why? simply keeping it safe for everyone in the N/S Canal and my boat like most drive better at at least 30.

ABSOLUTLY NO REASON TO RUN 80+ ON THAT LAKE. NONE.
    10/4 i understand. A lot of idiots who ruin it for others. At 25 mph i can barely keep my boat on plane. Common sense goes along way. Unfortunately guys get these high performance boats and dont consider when things go wrong they go wrong quick. No need to put others in danger. If people operated the boats according to what conditions allowed safely than we would all be better off.

What's wrong with keeping bass to eat? As long as they are legal and not over the limit I don't see a problem with it, no different than keeping any other legal fish to eat.
    Stay in Ohio…………I’m sure the bass taste the same

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spookem View Post
    Stay in Ohio…………I’m sure the bass taste the same
    I'll second that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast