Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doncabot View Post
    I ordered a 2022 Skeeter ZXR 21 in September 2021 in Arkansas. They gave a quote in writing and I made a $2000 deposit. I was told they would start building my boat in January 2022. I called today and was told it would probably be the end of the month before production begins. I hope they don't try and jack up the price $2500, nothing was mentioned.
    As of now the boat is $68,195 on the Skeeter website, so unless you got a different price in writing that's it, unless it goes up. I thought I had saw Skeeter was already doing the rebate but it's not showing on their website.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

I prefer running Skeeters but I admit this would make me look elsewhere if this were to happen to me. I fully understand the need to increase prices to offset rising material and labor costs but once I sign a contract with final cost the dealer then that should be the cost period. If they are unable to deliver at that price then tnat should fall on the manufacturer. Stop accepting orders you cannot meet or change the contract terms PRIOR to it being signed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123