Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    Funny his profile says he's a electrician.
    Yes sir you are correct. This is my work profile here for our store and selling products. We are one of the top 6 dealers in the nation for Skeeter sales. I just don't always post under my work screen name. I try to keep them separate
    H&W Marine Bossier
    6817 Greenwood Rd
    Shreveport, La 71119
    318-747-5182

We carry a wide variety of items including Skeeter, G3, Avid and Crestliner series of boats. Also sell all major brands of Trolling motors and Electronics. Please Call us anytime for a quote

https://www.hwmarine.com/

2. Member
    Here is the problem I have, the salesman stated he could not give you a purchase order "until Skeeter gave him the serial numbers". If NAP at that time was $65,695, why did he need a serial number? When I went into my local dealer a month or so ago, my dealer took NAP, added prep and freight and gave me a price. I have heard of other dealerships on boats letting folks put in orders for say a next year model boat and since it was so close to turnover, honoring current year pricing.

Sorry, that just doesn't sound right to me.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnee View Post
    Here is the problem I have, the salesman stated he could not give you a purchase order "until Skeeter gave him the serial numbers". If NAP at that time was $65,695, why did he need a serial number? When I went into my local dealer a month or so ago, my dealer took NAP, added prep and freight and gave me a price. I have heard of other dealerships on boats letting folks put in orders for say a next year model boat and since it was so close to turnover, honoring current year pricing.

Sorry, that just doesn't sound right to me.
    That is strictly up to the dealer who does that. Skeeter even tells us not to use the pricing from one here to the next. Now our pricing is only good for 7 days due to stuff constantly changing. Current year model pricing is subject to change at any minute with the way parts and labor are going.

That dealer is correct. You can place a down payment on a build slot that they have been given for a boat. What you cant do is sell the boat till the dealer is actually invoiced for the build which has the serial numbers to that unit. IF ur dealer gave you pricing from a month ago, Then its most likely not valid unless you put a down payment on it at that time. Now that being said since the dealer has yet to take delivery of the unit. He will be given a much higher invoice amount which he will either pass it on to the customer or eat the up charge to keep a customer happy. We have 4 boats on order that we will be eating the upcharge on the unit when delivered. Its not fair to the conumer for the price to go up and you get the bad end of deal cause of boats waiting on shifter control units for a month now.
    H&W Marine Bossier
    6817 Greenwood Rd
    Shreveport, La 71119
    318-747-5182

We carry a wide variety of items including Skeeter, G3, Avid and Crestliner series of boats. Also sell all major brands of Trolling motors and Electronics. Please Call us anytime for a quote

https://www.hwmarine.com/

4. Member
    Well put Sir! But the unfortunate thing is the lack of communication with the dealer from Skeeter.
    Some times the decisions that come from Kilgore just blows my mind.
    Thanks for the explanation Mr. Johnson. Enjoy the Holidays!

5. Member
    Pretty clever of Skeeter to push out a retroactive price increase, then turn the lights out for Christmas vacation, and leave the dealers to deal with the fallout.

6. Member
    Great information to know. So according to what you are saying "Then its most likely not valid unless you put a down payment on it at that time." According to this gentlemen's post, he did put a down payment on the boat, and Skeeter's NAP was $65,695. His problem is that he did not get an invoice with the total price. IMHO, if I come into your establishment and we agree on a price, if that price changes, after we agree and I give you "good faith" money, that price should be honored.

I understand that the prices of goods and services are going up, if Skeeter can't "anticipate" this, they should not do NAP pricing.

But again, thanks for explaining and putting clarity on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by H&WMARINE View Post
    That is strictly up to the dealer who does that. Skeeter even tells us not to use the pricing from one here to the next. Now our pricing is only good for 7 days due to stuff constantly changing. Current year model pricing is subject to change at any minute with the way parts and labor are going.

That dealer is correct. You can place a down payment on a build slot that they have been given for a boat. What you cant do is sell the boat till the dealer is actually invoiced for the build which has the serial numbers to that unit. IF ur dealer gave you pricing from a month ago, Then its most likely not valid unless you put a down payment on it at that time. Now that being said since the dealer has yet to take delivery of the unit. He will be given a much higher invoice amount which he will either pass it on to the customer or eat the up charge to keep a customer happy. We have 4 boats on order that we will be eating the upcharge on the unit when delivered. Its not fair to the conumer for the price to go up and you get the bad end of deal cause of boats waiting on shifter control units for a month now.

7. Member
    Usually those NAP prices have a disclaimer like " prices and specifications subject to change without notice".

8. Member
    Yah they do and I still think $65K for the boat is a great deal and hope to buy one in the next few months myself. But, hopefully once I put a deposit down and have a signed invoice from my dealer, they don't call me wanting to go up on the price a month later while the boat is on order.

One has to wonder though, Skeeter and several other boat manufacturers went up on prices out the gate and I am sure they have similar costs as Skeeter on supplies, etc. Haven't seen many increase their prices once advertised. Guess will have to wait and see, strongly leaning towards Skeeter, but, also interested in a Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Usually those NAP prices have a disclaimer like " prices and specifications subject to change without notice".

9. Member
    A cancel order and get a BassCat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus17 View Post
    A cancel order and get a BassCat.

Plus about $15000-20000 more.

11. Member
    All I have to offer on this subject is that I’ve bought 3 Skeeters from the same dealer over the past 9 years and paid the price listed on the Skeeter website each time. I’m also so glad I bought my boat when I did! Lastly, why list the price on the website if it can change at any moment or honor the price listed on the website. I’ve noticed the price for the ZX225 has changed at least 3 times.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

12. Member
    While a price increase is frustrating, it's far from a unique situation in today's economy. There have been huge spikes in raw material and labor costs just to keep production going on just about everything made. It's customary to pass those increased costs on. Companies aren't going to continually eat those costs that erode and threaten to eliminate profits... especially when people are STILL BUYING EVERYTHING REGARDLESS OF THE PRICE.

Be grateful it's a luxury purchase that you can decide not to follow through with should you desire, instead of a necessity.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt'sdrag95 View Post
    While a price increase is frustrating, it's far from a unique situation in today's economy. There have been huge spikes in raw material and labor costs just to keep production going on just about everything made. It's customary to pass those increased costs on. Companies aren't going to continually eat those costs that erode and threaten to eliminate profits... especially when people are STILL BUYING EVERYTHING REGARDLESS OF THE PRICE.

Be grateful it's a luxury purchase that you can decide not to follow through with should you desire, instead of a necessity.
    I can remember seeing the cost of my ordered boat go up about $700.00 three months after I ordered it. My final cost stayed as ordered and agreed upon, no mention of any cost increase by the dealer but this was January of this year. I just checked the website, my boat (as ordered) would now be $7,811 more than the website showed a year ago. As stated above, people keep buying...

Unfortunately, this is a trend in every industry and the blame always goes to Covid and supply chains. I'll stop typing now before this tread changes into something else! Ha!
    2021 Skeeter ZXR-21 with 250 Yamaha SHO, Pro II Power Poles, Atlas Hydro Jack Plate

14. Member
    I'm not a business man but, to me advertising is advertising. If you display a price, then you should have to sale for that price especially putting money down. Might be different if it was just a hand shake and a man's word, WE know that don't mean crap these days. If you will not stand by the price then don't advertise price. Just my opinion. I know the price advertised doesn't have dealer prep and all that extra stuff. Any hoo hope it works out for you sir.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    I'm not a business man but, to me advertising is advertising. If you display a price, then you should have to sale for that price especially putting money down. Might be different if it was just a hand shake and a man's word, WE know that don't mean crap these days. If you will not stand by the price then don't advertise price. Just my opinion. I know the price advertised doesn't have dealer prep and all that extra stuff. Any hoo hope it works out for you sir.
    I would think if you walk into a dealer and see the boat you want then you could compare the price on the website with the dealer asking price. This happens all the time when buying a car or truck. It gets tricky when you order the boat. A lot of people ordered 2022 boats earlier this year and Skeeter hadn't even posted the official price yet. If you order a boat now from a dealer then I would expect the dealer to either give you a price in writing and honer that price or tell you that they can't give you a price until Skeeter gives it to them. As stated above the dealer is in between a rock and a hard place until Skeeter catches up on all the orders being placed and delivered. In my opinion Skeeter shouldn't put a price on their website or put the price with an note saying the dealer determines the final price.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

16. Member
    I ordered a 2022 zx200 today hace the nap locked in with a singed contract and 10% down.
    the cost of this particular boat a few months ago was $2000 less than now. It’s nuts!!!

17. Member
    Skeeter tried not honoring my rebate last year on my 2021 zx200 since delivery happened after the promotion had ended. I had a signed sales contract showing the rebate and had no control of their delays (boat sat waiting for upholstery for 4 weeks after it had been built). Luckily my dealer thought it was a bad move on Skeeters part and fought to get me the rebate…and was successful. I’m still shocked Skeeter tried to pull that move. Definitely put me & the dealer in a bad place.

18. Banned
    All you guys haven't had anything built the last few years, have you? You think the dealerships, home builders, suppliers, etc are going to eat the price difference on a project that is 6 months away. (What if Yamaha says, due to a precious metal needed in the ecu, motors will be going up by $10,000 - you expect the dealership/skeeter to eat that). More and more, I tend to think I have become one of the few remaining critical thinkers out there. Reading through the comments laughing at this guy, that guy, and the other guy. Like you guys know how Skeeter does their business. The OP was given an option to get his money back and buy a different boat. But, apparently he is not that butt hurt about it - he kept his order in. He just chose to come online and get the Karen's all worked up. Come back to the real world kids.

19. Member
    I ordered a 2022 Skeeter ZXR 21 in September 2021 in Arkansas. They gave a quote in writing and I made a $2000 deposit. I was told they would start building my boat in January 2022. I called today and was told it would probably be the end of the month before production begins. I hope they don't try and jack up the price $2500, nothing was mentioned.

20. Member
    Just to add some diversity, while chasing some screws for my mega live install.

The boat dealer had ZERO new bass boats on the floor, just like Cabela's where I got my Mega Live.

They did however have the exact same boat as mine 2019 FX21 LE option 1 (Tuxedo).

Listed for 10K more than I paid for mine new! And I know, listed!

The boat shows are trying to go despite the virus surge, wonder how that will go?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast