Fires and wind damage

Hope everyone came through alright last night. We didn't have any damage here that I can tell so far. Will need to look at the roof later to see if the hail did anything. Heard there were some fires out by Russell and lots of places had wind damage.

2. Member
    We smelled a lot of the fires but they were south of us. Lots of tree damage and visibility got down to a quarter mile. Lots of cornfield residue all over town.
    1990 Champion 184
    Yamaha proV150
    Garmin Electronics

3. Member
    Trampoline hit my truck 3 minutes after I got home last night. Lost a big limb in our tree but everyone is safe. Lots of damage here in Abilene.

4. Member
    About 400k acres was burned in fires across the state, mostly in the west. I believe the largest was around the Russell area. We had sustained winds around 50mph pretty much all day with gusts over 80mph. Shut down highways all over. Flipped semis. Caused some fatality wrecks as well. Thoughts and prayers to everybody dealing with the fires and lost homes, land and livestock.

Sorry to hear about the damage.

Travis. Did you see the trampoline hit your truck?

6. Member
    Sure did Joel I was outside as it went over my head. Still some without power in town. I traveled east today through junction to Manhattan and north and there was nothing like Abilene. Salina got it bad too. I really feel bad for the ranchers that lost homes and livestock. One of them lost his life today after suffering injuries fighting the fire that burnt down his home.

That is so sad.

8. Member
    Lots of tree damage here, some buildings were blown apart or roofs gone, siding blown off, I picked a U-Haul in Junction City Friday -- the guy said the city had no water because the water plant basement was flooded, had some sporadic fires around the county, lots of power poles down
    Last edited by John Br.; 12-20-2021 at 06:31 AM.

9. Member
    A friend at work just showed me a video of the damage from the fires in Kansas. Hundreds of thousands of acres burned. Lost homes, barns, livestock. Very hard to watch. Everything to many of those families. Truly heart breaking. Prayers to those whose lives were affected by this.