Xpress and lithiums

Anybody done it? I am looking hard at lithiums and wondering how much effect the weight loss has on these boats. I benefit by having a hydraulic jack plate so adjustment isn't an issue. If I go full lithium and add a battery to bring the Ghost to 36v, I am only looking at 80lbs +/- a few of battery weight. Weight is currently 210lbs for 3 AGMs which need replacing. Its either this or flash the ECU
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

2. Member
    All 3 of my batteries are lithiums. There is defentantly a wt difference. X18

Here’s my Setup In my 2012 Ranger Z520: x2 12 Volt 100 Amp Ionic Lithium Batteries Ran in parallel to power my 3 Lowrance Live Units, My 200Hp Evinrude, Power Poles, Lights, accessories etc, and one 36v 50 Amp Ionic Lithium Battery for my trolling motor. Since I only need 3 Batteries, by using 2 100 amps for Lowrance Units, Cranking etc... And One Single 36v for the trolling motor, j only need 3 batteries to power everything on my boat, instead of the 4-5 you would need to have in total because you go with 3 12v batteries in series to make 36v, You’ll have one single battery that runs 36v, saves a lot of space and weight overall in the boat, I believe your boat will have a much better hole shot, as I know my ranger did, I also Gained about 7-10 MPH Wide Open. I also fully would go with Ionic Lithium Batteries, as There having a huge sale (LithiumHub website) Lithium hub makes the ionic lithium. The 36v Trolling motor battery is on sale For $1000, instead of the normal price of $1600. Ionic lithium batteries are also said to have an amazing BMS built into them which also allows them to handle the Spikes of the Alrernator, which means these batteries WILL NOT damage your Outboard Like other Traditonal Lithium batteries. Ionic Lithium Batteries Are made with the best Cells possible, and they also have a Bluetooth app that you can download on your phone that will show you Different things on the batteries, like the Batterh Percentage there at, the Health of the battery, how many times that batteries been cycled, How many Amps are being drawn from it. They are absolutely amazing and I won’t go with another brand of battery ever again. There’s actually a thread here on this website About them, 50+ people on here were saying how amazing they were, if you go with Lithium’s I would go with the Ionics. There price right now is incredible and in my opinion there overall the best Lithium Batteries. I would also suggest going with a PowerPole CHARGE, It’s amazing it charges your batteries while your running your outboard, has an emergency jumpstart incase your cranking batteries die (which they won’t lol unless you fish 6+ Full days without charging them) i also like how the CHARGE by power pole Has an app as well where you can configure it how you want, keep the charge priority on cranking batteries, or on the trolling battery, or on the SHARED position, which charges both at the same time to keep them both charged. A guy on YouTube Rums Ionic Lithium and A power Pole Charge and had a full in depth YouTube review on the setup and batteries, his YouTube is NitroZ18 Fishing. Sorry for the long long Paragraph haha but I’m just trying to help ya out, I would also look for the ionic lithium battery post on here to see what others are saying about em and how much they love em.

4. Member
    You will probably gain more by flashing the ECU, but it will cost you a new prop also.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Check out our 36v-40ah Combo with the Charge on the Run Charger.

https://www.impulselithium.com/produ...-charge-combo/

We have customers getting all day usage with one battery using this set up.

Battery weighs 30lbs, 10 yr (NON PRORATED) warranty

Call me.

Bill
    205-965-8436

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    You will probably gain more by flashing the ECU, but it will cost you a new prop also.
    I want to do both in 2022 and I need to replace batteries soon so I am trying to gauge how my boat is going to react to less weight on the stern. I have read where guys have had to move gear from the front to the rear to make up for the loss of weight to get the attitude back but not found anything on an Xpress. I know lithiums would be less weight over all but if I need to move weight around to keep it stable I may just stick with leads and move forward with the flash. If I go lithiums after the first of the year, it will be fall until I save up enough to flash. I am figuring a new prop as part of the flash package.

I will give a to the lithium sales people. You cant whisper lithium without them knowing.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO