Thread: Egypt

Egypt

Anyone been to Egypt lately? Wanting to get down there in the next week or two.
    thanks.

2. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    No Generation.
    We only went about 2 months ago. Did well.

3. Banned
    Lots of fish under docks,usually the ones with sighns on them have brush piles all around them.Oh and the ones with bouys around them are even better.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big bucks 170 View Post
    Lots of fish under docks,usually the ones with sighns on them have brush piles all around them.Oh and the ones with bouys around them are even better.
    thought fishing around docks was a no/no on Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    thought fishing around docks was a no/no on Egypt
    It is a definite no/no. Ole big bucks is just being funny, because so many of the dock owners take the whole deal to an extreme with signs, bouys, and all sorts of other ridiculous things. As far as the fish'n right now....I honestly haven't been over there in awhile, but I will tell you that in my mind, Egypt is one of the toughest cold weather lakes in the state to fish when they are NOT generating power. A guy can go to Newton or Clinton in Winter on a day with no power plant activity and still catch some fish but Egypt gets SUPER tough (in my experience) when the plant isn't running power in Winter....That being said, if you get on Egypt on a Winter day that they start running power after a period of shut down it can be a day that you will NEVER forget. I've had some days like that on Egypt where they will eat a buzzbait all day long in dead of Winter.

The power plant hasn't been running much, other than the small generators. They started buying most of their power this past fall. Saw a couple boats out on the water, but nothing like in years past. One of my neighbors went out yesterday morning and caught a few crappie. Said the wind started getting to much to be fun. Our bass club hasn't planned any winter tournaments on it this year. I don't have any signs on my dock, but do ask you not to throw crankbaits around it. Wouldn't want any of my grandkids snagged on them. Good luck.