Speculative investing

Has anyone invested in a company thru a speculative investment company (crowdsource, wefunder, etc.)? If so have you seen any gains on them?
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    No, but I'm sure there is plenty of frauds out there, and even more with great ideas and good intentions who fail. Anything in particular you are looking at?
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    No, but I'm sure there is plenty of frauds out there, and even more with great ideas and good intentions who fail. Anything in particular you are looking at?
    I already put a very little into a couple of things, one was a film production company Andrew Klavan is involved in and the other was an IT people from home company. I look at it like loaning money to a friend, I am not going to lose any sleep if I don't get anything back.
    Like everything these days, I am now getting tons of marketing emails about other "opportunities". Any of them, including the two I put coin into, are high risk so I am not really looking at anything in particular now. Just seeing if anyone else had any experience burning money.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

4. Member
    Buy whiskey, good whiskey, store it safely. You're welcome.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Buy whiskey, good whiskey, store it safely. You're welcome.
    Is that instead of the speculative investment or for drinking when it goes south?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Is that instead of the speculative investment or for drinking when it goes south?
    You smart, very very smart. Guess we could say it's a speculative investment with guaranteed liquidity.