Running White Oak River

I drew a duck hunting permit for an impoundment right off the White Oak River just down stream of Stella. It’s a longish walk from the parking area so thinking of going in by boat. Can I safely run the river there in my Triton 20TRX? Not sure if rocks and such would be a concern for me. Also, any recommendations on where to launch would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

2. Banned
    Never been on that river before so i am no help but good luck on the duck hunting. Have not done that in 20 years either.

3. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    Long Point boat ramp. But I must say, I have not been there in 28 years. Long Point rd is/was a dirt road through the game lands. It ends at a small, secluded boat ramp. It is the only ramp I know of on that part of the river.

4. Member
    Boat Ramp located at the Stella bridge ( Stella Post office in the white building) $10.00 launch fee.

5. Member
    Used to fish the white oak while stationed at lejeune no major obstacles that I remember.

Thanks guys. My buddy with a house in Swansboro also confirmed the ramp at Stella.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    Use the ramp at Stella. The run from Haywood down is a little long.

8. Member
    From the boat ramp in Stella, is there a marked channel to Swansboro? I just moved to the area and trying to figure out the water here. I've launched at the Stella boat ramp, but haven't ventured to Swansboro because the water seemed really shallow.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hardnibbles View Post
    From the boat ramp in Stella, is there a marked channel to Swansboro? I just moved to the area and trying to figure out the water here. I've launched at the Stella boat ramp, but haven't ventured to Swansboro because the water seemed really shallow.
    I have only gone down to the 24 bridge a few times, there are markers as you get closer to swansboro but only white pvc markers closer to Stella.
    It’s not a bad run if you take your time, get to know where the oyster shell flats are.