08 Stroker Question

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2008 Stroker, I got to take a quick look today and noticed some cracks. Is this something that should be of concern? They are located next to each seat at the gunwale, behind the passenger seat, and I noticed one at the transom where a corner is formed where the motor is set in. I didn't get to go over the boat as well as I want because I didn't have time and I didn't take any pictures. Any information is greatly appreciated!! I will try to get some pictures to help explain my concerns in the next few days, assuming it's still available.

2. Member
    Hi Todd, If they are just fine stress cracks in the gel, it is pretty normal. I have small ones in the areas you described. If they are large and deep, I would be more concerned. My boat has taken some abuse running the Columbia River but the stress cracks are minor (in my opinion). Pictures will help.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS
    30+ Performer 3 and 30 Performer 4

3. Member
    I have same cracks, now just shorty mine will have no more cracks, going to get Kevin to fix all plus reinforce my 3rd knee brace
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Thank you for the replies!! I noticed that I have the year incorrect, it's actually a 2006. I will try to get some pics for clarification on Saturday. Ron, reinforce your 3rd knee brace, is this something on your boat? Hope all is well!!

5. Member
    Almost every single stroker has the cracks by the seat where the flat deck meets the gunnel. Its nothing to worry about
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

The first picture is on the right side of the transom, the second is of the left side of the transom, and the third is the left side of the transom to help show where the crack is located. I didn't notice when I was taking the pictures but there seems to be some cracks originating under the jack plate. The crack on the left seems pretty deep like maybe it's been hit or the boat has hit something pretty significant in the water. Any thoughts/opinions about this? I have some other pictures that show chips in the hull on the left side, I didn't crawl around under the boat because it's outside and we have been getting some heavy rains. The other cracks mentioned are probably insignificant but I can post the pictures, these transom cracks are the ones that have me more concerned.

7. Member
    Well, I have some also in back, but nothing significant, I am repairing all anyway
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Member
    Not sure if I'm understanding what you have. Are the cracks on the top cap or the actual transom? Some think cracks on the top cap is the actual transom but it's not.

9. Member
    I have cracks on top cap in corners, if aluminum top piece isn’t deformed transom is good
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823