Thread: Vicious Tora?

Vicious Tora?

I have tried to find reviews online for Vicious Tora but they are scarce at best. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad?

Price point is somewhere between Shooter and Tatsu. Just wondering if performance and quality are in the same ballpark as well?

Anyone have any experience with this line that they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!

2. Member
    I know there old "elite" line was good.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

3. Member
    I'd pass on Vicious products. I don't think it's a good quality line. But that's me and it may work for you.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

4. Member
    I really like their No Fade Braid. It's comparable to Sunline, maybe even better.

5. Member
    Vicious has GOOD line....you just have to figure out that the most common Vicious product is the horrible basic flourocarbon you see at big box stores. The vicious ELITE flourocarbon I would put up against the other brands...its GOOD. If this new stuff is marketed as a "tatsu" like flouro....I WOULD TRY IT. Its probably GOOD.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

6. Member
    Damn, it's high. Nothin beats PLine Tactical Flourocarbon, IMO.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

As others have suggested, they're going to have a tough row to hoe with the cost on that stuff. Even if it's really good--and I suspect it really is--I'd wager that I'm like just about everyone in their target market in that I have confidence in the "premium" fluoro that I already use. Why in the world would I pay as much or more for an unknown, especially from a company with a reputation for "economy" grade products? They're going to have to offer some deals to have a chance of anyone switching and it becoming a viable product for them.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Member
    [QUOTE=DrewFlu33;12304642]As others have suggested, they're going to have a tough row to hoe with the cost on that stuff. Even if it's really good--and I suspect it really is--I'd wager that I'm like just about everyone in their target market in that I have confidence in the "premium" fluoro that I already use. Why in the world would I pay as much or more for an unknown, especially from a company with a reputation for "economy" grade products? They're going to have to offer some deals to have a chance of anyone switching and it becoming a viable product for them.[/QUOTE

Vicious line has been great minus their regular Fluoro. I bought a spool of Tora to try. Won’t see the water for a few months. Pro elite and the No fade both are among the best I have tried and I have tried a lot. If they tell you power pro or invisix is better they don’t know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by lightningmusky
    Vicious line has been great minus their regular Fluoro. I bought a spool of Tora to try. Won’t see the water for a few months. Pro elite and the No fade both are among the best I have tried and I have tried a lot. If they tell you power pro or invisix is better they don’t know what they are talking about.
    No one's told me that, but I wouldn't expect Power Pro or Invisx to be better than No Fade or Tora as the cost for the Vicious options in that comparison are significantly higher. I think the uphill battle for them is going to be convincing people that the Tora is better than Tatsu, because it's essentially a few bucks short of the same cost.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

10. Member
    For me, after buying the original fluoro Vicious, I will not buy any Vicious product ever again on principle.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    For me, after buying the original fluoro Vicious, I will not buy any Vicious product ever again on principle.
    Regular vicious is terrible. Try pro elite.

12. Member
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Update:

Went with the Tora, won't see water until end of June. I use 12# Pro Elite now for crankbaits. A bit bigger diameter than I like in a Floro, but it performs really well. Almost behaves like mono for limpness. So if Tora is any better than the Pro Elite I'm pretty excited to use it.