LiveScanner or Rite-Hite Turret

Trying to decide which independent transducer pole is better for me, should I buy one. I haven’t seen either one in person and hoping some here have. Rite-Hite is less expensive and simpler with less options. Rite-Hite Turret has a hand remote with a black box or foot control with no black box. No option for both. LiveScanner options a hand remote along with the included foot control. Rite-Hite pulls 2.3 amps versus the LiveScanner at 2-3amps. Rite-Hite doesn’t interfere with my m360 or my dual stack Helix units with their fixed mount running down the Ultrex shaft. LiveScanner would hit the Helix units with their offset mounting, but with their adjustable sliding mount, it wouldn’t hit the Helix units. Rite-Hite weighs 6.5# and LiveScanner is around the same. LiveScanner shaft is aluminum while the Rite-Hite is thin stainless steel. Input appreciated!

https://www.thelivescanner.com/

http://www.rmind.com/products/produc...id_product=111

Short video of my setup:

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

2. Member
    OK sir, So you want to independently mount your live on a standalone pole? Why?
    Did you find that the trolling motor mount was just not right with waves and wind making
    it move to much. Or are you just wanting to free up spot lock so you will need the independent
    pole, to control live.

I like the live scanner, but since we all know you're not giving up your M360, that trolling motor shaft
    will start to get heavy. I'd lean to the live scanner and might wait for their new version to come out.

Reason #1, my sea legs left me a few years ago when I started having body parts removed. My balance is a 4 out of 10. I felt like I was tap dancing trying to fish, maintain boat position, control ML and watch the 360 all at the same time. I keep looking at my never been used, 15 year old Ranger sit down seat and wonder when will I have to break it out. I don’t use a butt seat either, I trip over it.
    Reason #2, I spot lock fish 95% of the time and haven’t fished a bank in years.
    Reason #3, the wind likes to blow when I go fishing and the lake I fish for fun has strong currents where the fish are.
    Reason #4, I love technology almost as much as catching bass. I want the ML working 100% of the time and not staring off in the distance the wrong way as I try and not fall into the lake.

Ok_BassBum, you brought up the biggest negative. That Ultrex is heavy now, adding 6# isn’t going to help. Both independent poles have their pros and cons, especially when you consider price. One of the two has been in business 50 years and I don’t know enough about the other, yet. If a boat cover came into the discussion, LiveScanner gets the plus. I haven’t used my boat cover in 10 years, lol.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Trying to decide which independent transducer pole is better for me, should I buy one. I haven’t seen either one in person and hoping some here have. Rite-Hite is less expensive and simpler with less options. Rite-Hite Turret has a hand remote with a black box or foot control with no black box. No option for both. LiveScanner options a hand remote along with the included foot control. Rite-Hite pulls 2.3 amps versus the LiveScanner at 2-3amps. Rite-Hite doesn’t interfere with my m360 or my dual stack Helix units with their fixed mount running down the Ultrex shaft. LiveScanner would hit the Helix units with their offset mounting, but with their adjustable sliding mount, it wouldn’t hit the Helix units. Rite-Hite weighs 6.5# and LiveScanner is around the same. LiveScanner shaft is aluminum while the Rite-Hite is thin stainless steel. Input appreciated!

https://www.thelivescanner.com/

http://www.rmind.com/products/produc...id_product=111

Short video of my setup:

Hear is a couple of my video’s showing the new Livescanner Pro Elite 2 “True Scan”. I have an Ultex with Mega 360, the swing mount should clear your units.

Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

Thanks StanS. I had not seen your unbox/install video. Good work and much appreciated. Deciding which way I go is going to be tough. The True Scan feature is close to being a Mega 360 in function. The pictures of the LiveScanner brain that I viewed in other marketing videos was much bigger than the one in your video. That’s a definite plus. You mentioned the Mega Live was big and weighs 4#. It is definitely big, but I believe it is lighter than the other forward looking sonar transducers. Not totally sure about the weight of the LS & AT. I really don’t like these types of decisions, lol.

25-FE0265-0-BCF-4764-93-C1-2602876-E73-A9.jpg

6. Member
    Looks like I’m off on my weight of the ML. I know it is heavier than LS because of not having a black box. The variable speed and having both foot peddle and remote control sold me on the Livescanner. Let me know if you have any additional questions about the Livescanner.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone

7. Banned
    I had to make the same decision and my electronics guy uses Cornfield Crappie Live Sweep and made a good point. They have been around for years and over engineer everything they make. If you need a part 2-3 years down the road they will be around.

My live sweep is very well built and stable. I haven't seen any of the others but I'm happy with it.

Pfisher, unfortunately Cornfield Crappie is down due to the massive tornadoes of last week. Per their FB page they are concentrating on helping their neighbors, but will be back up and operating soon. They do make great units per all the reviews I have read. I have a feeling as soon as I buy a motorized pole, Humminbird will come out with one of their own. I did read earlier this year from an international Johnson Outdoor retailer Humminbird is working on it.

I went out today and used the rite hite turret for the 1st time with foot remote and really like it. Glad i got it as i fish off shore a lot also it did what i wanted it to do.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich;[URL="tel:12223223"
    12223223[/URL]]Pfisher, unfortunately Cornfield Crappie is down due to the massive tornadoes of last week. Per their FB page they are concentrating on helping their neighbors, but will be back up and operating soon. They do make great units per all the reviews I have read. I have a feeling as soon as I buy a motorized pole, Humminbird will come out with one of their own. I did read earlier this year from an international Johnson Outdoor retailer Humminbird is working on it.
    Cornfield Crappie Gear had their building damaged, with tornado missing their house. They are waiting for electricity to the business. Precision Sonar took a direct hit. Moors Marina and Resort on Ky Lake destroyed. To name a few. Give Cornfield Crappie Gear a week and he should have his electric maybe back on.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Pfisher, unfortunately Cornfield Crappie is down due to the massive tornadoes of last week. Per their FB page they are concentrating on helping their neighbors, but will be back up and operating soon. They do make great units per all the reviews I have read. I have a feeling as soon as I buy a motorized pole, Humminbird will come out with one of their own. I did read earlier this year from an international Johnson Outdoor retailer Humminbird is working on it.
    The one JO is working on is pretty sweet. Uses a variation of spotlock technology to point the Live at a waypoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    The one JO is working on is pretty sweet. Uses a variation of spotlock technology to point the Live at a waypoint.
    Very interesting. I usually find structure and or fish and then mark a waypoint. Not always, but most of the time.

I used the Rite Hite for 2 years. I have a Ghost trolling motor.
    1. Could not see the direction arrow. Even with the side mount
    2. Just not tough enough!!! Lake Fork eats up Rite Hite’s like candy. Rough water and stumps.

I made this bounce buster using a Ram mount for my Livescanner - works very well.

Brace.jpg
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I made this bounce buster using a Ram mount for my Livescanner - works very well.

Brace.jpg
    Nice…….
    Thanks,

Stan Stone