Looking into buying new zx150

Looking to purchase a new zx150 and just looking for pros and cons and the general consensus on it. I fish Lake Erie a lot. The reason why I’m going with the Zx150 it’s just because of the price I don’t think I can afford much more Thanks for any input

2. Member
    I have pretty much the same boat. A TZX190 with a 150 four stroke. It’s a good boat, but not the greatest in rough/big water. If I fished Lake Erie, I’d definitely look for a pre-owned 20-21ft class boat with a 250. I’d be scared to put an 18’8” boat on Lake Erie. The ZX150 is right in the neighborhood of $40k…I have seen WAY TOO MANY 21’ Skeeters with low hour 250SHO’s to even consider the brand new 18’ boat.

If you don’t mind a road trip, look at the used boats for sale section of the Texas Fishing Forum. Lots of 1-4 yr old, very lightly used 21’ Skeeters for sale there. Texas is SkeeterLand after all.

3. Member
    I love my zx150

Its a hair wider and longer that the 190 was...lots of front deck, storage is adequate...seats are awesome (Zx200+)

Boat ride great but i wont lie she handles rough water pretty good but not great...my buddies zx225 does much better...hell an extra foot of voat would be much better

Cayuga got mean on my once last year and was sore lol
    Boat has plenty of beam, just needs more length fornrough stuff
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

4. Member
    Agree with SteezMacQueen, you’ll want a 21 footer for Erie, and a well built one at that. It impossible with an 18 footer, but you’ll have to know what you’re doing and know how to pick your fights.

5. Banned
    Very good points here there is to many things the zx150 excels at but in your case brother your conditions call for a 21 footer. The zx150 has incredible holeshot, handling and storage layout along with a very roomy cockpit. With proper setup JP and Prop this boat can air it out pretty good. I have been in some nasty water with it the boat does phenomenal. BUT you are in the big leagues there where a boats tough water ride gets out to the test. If you can find a clean used 21ft not already beat to hell go for it. I would suggest also going out of state if you can because most boats in your area are going to be cracked or just very weak so give them a good look over.