Caymas Cx19 Thoughts

New guy here. I'm looking at a leftover 2021 Caymas cx19 but having a hard time finding feedback on how the boat rides and handles. I've seen a few posts online that you really have to drive through the 65 mph range but get's easier at WOT? I crawled in and around one this week and the fit and finish check all the boxes. Not a fan of the shallow rod lockers and small glove box but not deal breakers. Dealer has this one rigged with an 24v Ultrex and I'm concerned that's under powered for a boat this large (1900lbs!). If any of you would like to share feedback on the ride quality and thoughts on the 24v ultrex I would appreciate it.

2. Member
    I haven't ridden in the 19 but I did look at it initially and ended up going with the CX20 for the small price difference.

I would definitely recommend a 36v Ultrex over the 24v for a boat that size if you 1) Fish in the wind or current a lot 2) Fish for extended 8+ hour days on the water or 3) Sometimes don't have enough time to get a full charge in if spending long back to back days on the water.

Perhaps a good set of lithiums would be the answer if swapping to a 36v is out of the question?

3. Member
    Get the 225 hp motor.