2002 tracker 175 plywood

Hi All. I am restoring a 2002 tracker 175. I have the decks removed. It appears the front deck is 5/8" and the floor is 1/2" plywood. Can anyone confirm? If you have tackled this job, what material did you use to replace the plywood? Some of the screws are not reusable. Are they stainless or aluminum? Where did you buy them? I have this boat completely disassembled so if you need a picture of something let me know.
    2017 Phoenix 21 PHX

2. Member
    There's no way I'd do all that work and use wood again. I'd also never use carpet. Aluminum would be my choice. I hate having wood in my boat. I always worry and really dry it out after it rains on it. I'd probably use a diamond plate floor and I'd rivet it down. Then I'd use plus nut or rivnuts to mount stuff to it.

3. Member
    When I re carpeted my 87 tracker (the original wood lasted 30 years) I used cabinet grade ply (no voids) and coated it with epoxy resin that I bought from west marine. I used stainless screws bought at home depot.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    On the one I am redoing I got non treated 5/8 plywood and put a coat of rustoleum enamel on each sheet, for the screws you can get weatherproof ones at Lowes or Home Depot that are made for fastenting wood to metal.

Thanks for your input. I called tracker parts and inquired. It is 1/2" on the floor and 5/8" on the front deck. They had the screws, 50 for 11 bucks. They are 10-24 X 1.44 TEK2 SS. Got the phone number on here 518-562-2628.
    2017 Phoenix 21 PHX