Thread: AAPL

AAPL

I bought aapl at 119 is it time to take my wins and cash out or hold

2. Member
    Hold and buy … target $200.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The answer to your question is a question. Why did you buy it?

For a trade? It would be difficult to not take some profits. For a long term investment? no reason to sell now.

I keep buying TSLA for a long term investment, I also have some for a trade. I might sell a little at $1500, but most of my shares I won't ever sell, unless I have to.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Taking a nice win is a good thing. Plenty of other great companies to invest in. AAPL has had a nice run recently. If i bought at 119 I would definitely sell it…but that’s me. If it goes back down enough after I sold it, and I still like it, I would start a new position below my last sell price. I do it all the time with NVDA, ADBE, IIPR, MA, TSLA, etc. I don’t stay long in to many stocks unless they are good dividend players. Good luck.

5. Member
    I have shares at a post split price (after 2 splits) of $23.00 a share. I trimmed some to get my cosy basis back and make sure it didn't become way to big for the account. Nothing wrong with taking out your cost basis or rebalancing as an option but if you sell it all and try to get back in if it drops you have to pay capital gains (assuming it is in a taxable account).

6. Member
    As Cramer would say, “Own it, don’t trade it”. I’ll ask a simple question - do you have a better company in mind that you would be willing to trade your position for? If you simply need/want the money, then sell it.