Thread: New Tour pros

New Tour pros

Does anyone know if the new Tour pros come fixed or do you have to send them in for the recall right away?

I received my new Tour Pro just on 11/17. It shipped directly from the factory. I registered it two weeks ago, and was told I’d be notified if that serial number was subject to the recall.
    This was discussed a while back in another thread. Doesn’t seem to make sense that a new TM would ship from the factory and then have to be recalled to install the fix. But, I’ll see what they say.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    More than likely they either can't get the parts or they have not found a fix yet. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

From what I’ve read on here MG identified the fix for the problem. And apparently many owners have been notified as to how to receive service.
    Some have not.
    My hope is that MG has the foresight to apply the fix to those units they are currently shipping direct from the factory. The replacement boards are becoming available, but who knows in what quantities.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    I brought mine in to the service center around August and the new L board arrived in October. Control board K was the original problem and the "fix," model is board L.
    Restored 1998 Ranger R91 / 2015 Mercury 200 ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I received my new Tour Pro just on 11/17. It shipped directly from the factory. I registered it two weeks ago, and was told I’d be notified if that serial number was subject to the recall.
    This was discussed a while back in another thread. Doesn’t seem to make sense that a new TM would ship from the factory and then have to be recalled to install the fix. But, I’ll see what they say.
    If they received the new boards I would think they would install them then ship. I really don't know how Motor Guide operates anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    If they received the new boards I would think they would install them then ship. I really don't know how Motor Guide operates anymore.
    I’m going to contact them again to see what I can find out. I’ll pass on what I find out.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

8. Member
    REV L boards have the new software. REV K boards were the old software.
    If you have registered your Trolling Motor, and have not got a letter from Mercury the motor was not affected by the software recall.

Had a associate get a NEW Tour Pro on 11/30 and the motor does have the updated software package.

9. Member
    Even with Revision L there is still problems.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    Even with Revision L there is still problems.
    Have you had the Revised L board installed and encountered issues?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Member
    Yes. On 2 different motors , then now present totally different problems from before. One motor will have its 4th board.

Mine worked great on original board. New recall board in and it acts crazy. Spot lock goes all over the place. course track goes about twenty yards and make a 90-degree right hand turn.

This is not good news. The main reason I’m replacing a working Tour 82 is for Anchor Mode capabilities, and better sonar. If they don’t resolve the anchor mode issue the MG will be gone. ASAP.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    I have had a laundry list of issues. Been a MG guy for a long time. Purchased new from a MG dealer in Sept 2021.

Bad bracket out of the box. It would bind every time you deployed it and used the motor. If you deploy and stow immediately it would release just fine. Had to use a screwdriver to stow the motor every time. And of course erratic GPS anchor issues/having a mind of its own etc. Originally GPS anchor would work sometimes though. Once it got warm forget it. It would not even engage even though it had satellite lock. Waited about 60 days or so for parts and come to find out the bracket had a new part number already. Went to dealer to get repair done. First time out bracket works fine now. Re-programmed GPS and it is worse than it was with the "replacement" board. It either just takes off like it did, or the pedal just rocks back and forth over and over. Now the remote will not even steer the motor to the right. I did all the re-programming codes and even the M284, 285 codes that are not in the book.

Needless to say I have had a bad unit from the word go. Waited from 12/2-12/20 roughly since I had not heard since MG had to have videos of the product messing up. Come to find out something happened to the email and they never got them. I have expressed my discontent with the dealer and MG about the product and the process. I want a replacement new motor from the factory, but I am not so sure what I would get is going to be any better than what I started out with. Now they are saying they have to get a tech to talk to the dealer and since its the holidays it may be after the new year. Bottom line is they have a product they have serious issues with and cannot seem to get it right. To say I am done with the aggravation is an understatement. It puts the end user and the dealer in a tight spot. If this is MG's stab at the market as it is today, they might have to fold. I have been patient, had to travel 140 miles round trip to the dealer for diagnostics and issues 4 times now and still have a motor that does not perform as advertised. I like the features, the profile, the weight compared to its competitors, but I am thinking if this goes unresolved, I will be taking action to get a refund to purchase another product.
    Last edited by riverrat29; 12-29-2021 at 04:19 PM.

15. Member
    I finally registered mine. I will not be participating in any recall if I get the letter.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro