Trolling motor Ideas for 2021 Vexus1980CC

Purchased new 2021 Vexus 1980CC---Advice on trolling motor purchase

I fish for bass 75% of the time in fresh water lakes in Triad NC----The other 25% will be fishing inshore -intracoastal Swansboro, NC Area.
    Really would like to stay with foot pedal model like:
    Ultrex or Ghost but realize they're typically designed for salt water.

Ideas: I know I can Purchase a wireless foot pedal for the Minn Kota --Terrova but don't think I'll have the standard/conventional foot pedal layout.
    I've heard some guys running Ultrex or Ghost fresh water motors and purchasing a saltwater sacrificial annode?---i guess they spray the unit down really good with wd40/lubricant before you go into the salt water?

Requirements:
    *Definitely need Spot lock
    *will need to be 24volt because of space constraints in the console.

Realize this may also depend on what graphs I going to run.

2. Member
    Ultrex.

3. Member
    I have Ultrex 80lb with foot control and fish bass and salt inshore......works great!

4. Member
    You may want to look at a Ghost for a couple reasons. It is widely available and can be either 24v or 36v. So, if you ever want to upgrade to 36v you won't have to buy another model. Depending on you space and usage needs, you could run 3 lithium 50/60ah batteries in the same space as 2 group 31 batteries. I would also get the 52" shaft at least. The 1980/2080 sit a good bit bow up when fishing and the 48" is sufficient in calm water but you will need a longer shaft in chop or if you add Live Scope or Active Target. Ghost also has a 60" version for even rougher conditions.

Garmin Force is Salt water rated.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    im happy with the force on my 2180cc. I went all Garmin. I come out of an ultrex on my bass boat. after the latest software update tithe spot lock is much better.

I like that the foot pedal is remote so if im salt water fishing I can leave it at the house and have more room on the deck. I haven't mounted it. it just rides up front ahead of the first compartment.

I bass fish 95%. crappie fish some (more here lately) and saltwater once per year.