Livewell ? Please

On my Bassport, when I turn on aerator, should the water only come from the side vent, or is the top sprayer supposed to turn on also?

The sprayer only comes on with recirc?

Haven’t fished tourneys in a while and can’t recall?

thanks

MET
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

2. Member
    I don't know about newer boats, but on every boat I've been in the livewell switch works one sprayer and the aerator or recirc switch works the other sprayer.

The sprayer only comes on with recirculate. Unless you pull the red spray head out -- it then pumps the water out of side hole. Nice for filling a weigh bag.

Thanks all!!!
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

I have been wondering a few things on mine as well, 2011 BassPro. I get the recirc and pump out, but does the aerator actually add fresh water to the well while it injects air?

It will if the main valve is open.. When closed/recirculate it's taking water from bottom of live well.
    Not sure but I think it's getting some fresh water when valve is in auto position as It's supposed to let water in but not out.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    It will if the main valve is open.. When closed/recirculate it's taking water from bottom of live well.
    Not sure but I think it's getting some fresh water when valve is in auto position as It's supposed to let water in but not out.
    Thats what I figured. Sometimes its immediately higher and I take that as having a full tank of fuel and it just sitting lower in the water. With the water cold in the winter, I dont set the aerator to auto as it just kicks on and off too quickly. Im doubting the switch has any adjustability, any know this?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    Thats what I figured. Sometimes its immediately higher and I take that as having a full tank of fuel and it just sitting lower in the water. With the water cold in the winter, I dont set the aerator to auto as it just kicks on and off too quickly. Im doubting the switch has any adjustability, any know this?
    Hammmerhead
    I doubt the OEM timer is adjustable. I installed an adjustable timer on my previous boat, but that's been several years ago. I'm sure we have the same electrical circuit. I'll look into this over the winter and we can install adjustable timers at a later date.

9. Member
    Hammmerhead
    Does your have 3 positions, RECIRC, EMPTY & AUTO?

Quote Originally Posted by PSM207 View Post
    Hammmerhead
    Does your have 3 positions, RECIRC, EMPTY & AUTO?
    Hey there Amigo. Yes it does. I usually just keep it on Auto until I get home if I have fish, then Empty, then I pull the plug. I have seen the water level pretty high and close to the overflow before, but I think this was early on when I first purchased the rig and just let the timer run it all day. The thing is pretty noisy too, not good to hear it kick on when you're dead sticking one in 6-8 feet of water and then watch it swim off. Now I just kick it on every now and then.

11. Member
    "AUTO" will add water.

12. Member
    In hot summer tourneys, I plug off overflow drain, fill it up and add ice to get the water cool. Then switch to Recirculate and run the pumps. This way you are adding no more hot water to the well.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Valve Operation:

Empty - Drains
    Auto - Allows fresh water in while at rest, closes off when on pad.
    Recirc - No water in or out

Aerator switch:

On - Port mounted pump runs constantly, when valve is in auto fresh water is pumped in.
    Off
    Timer - Port mounted pump runs on a non-adjustable timer.

Recirc Switch:

On - Recirculates water, uses red flowrite nozzle in Stbd Side. Pull out red nozzle and this will pump out the livewell through the Stbd side thru-hull fitting.
    Off
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Valve Operation:

Empty - Drains
    Auto - Allows fresh water in while at rest, closes off when on pad.
    Recirc - No water in or out

Aerator switch:

On - Port mounted pump runs constantly, when valve is in auto fresh water is pumped in.
    Off
    Timer - Port mounted pump runs on a non-adjustable timer.

Recirc Switch:

On - Recirculates water, uses red flowrite nozzle in Stbd Side. Pull out red nozzle and this will pump out the livewell through the Stbd side thru-hull fitting.
    Off

Thanks for that clarification